Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 03:23:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shower stalls  (Read 1178 times)
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« on: June 25, 2006, 08:54:44 PM »

Question - Do you guys have any leads on buying a shower stall that would fit in a standard MCI 102A3 along the out side wall?  What options are available?

Thanks as always,
Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
Ace

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 09:09:53 PM »

Danny short of making your own from individual pieces, I don't think you'll find a store bought shower that will fit against the outside wall without some modifications of some sort. I had to space mine out about 3 inches before it was sqaure but all I did was boxed in the side where it was spaced out! Yopu can't even tell it's out and not against the wall!

Ace
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 09:22:05 PM »

My bath is enclosed and is 48" wide.  My shower stall is 36x36 using a Kohler shower pan.  I made my own enclosure and used kemlite bonded to the plywood walls.  Sealed with white silicone, has worked for me for over 10 years.  The shower stall is out from the wall almost 12 inches so it is almost square.  With this method, it wouldn't be much work to modify a shower stall just to meet the ceiling if you want.  In the 12" space between the outside wall and the shower stall, I installed shelves that can be accessed from both the bedroom and the bathroom-hence my linen closet!  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 11:22:19 PM »

Danny,

I have a 32X32 Kohler shower base against the outside wall.

The entry is from the hall.

I don't mind the slight curve of the wall on the outside, but that ONLY works because my entry is from the hall.

If your layout is with a neo-angle or curved you will need the straight walls

Go to HD or Lowes and actually stand in there displays, you will get a feel for what you can live with.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: