Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 03:55:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone looking for any RV surplus items in Elkhart?  (Read 3112 times)
belfert

Ignore
« on: December 31, 2008, 06:52:57 PM »

I am heading to Elkhart Thursday to shop at the RV surplus places on Friday.  I plan to hit up RV Surplus, Bontragers, and Tri State Surplus.  (Grabers is closed until March.)  I don't know of any other places still in business.

If anyone wants me to check on availability and price of anything let me know.

I may also be making a 250 mile detour on the way home Saturday to see Ron the Busnut, but I'll only be there long enough to pick up an item.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 08:40:40 PM »

If you are going to Ron's ask him about His select comfort beds. I was in contact with him he said we would let me know when one was available. I was going to hit him up again but maybe you could in person!

John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 09:20:34 PM »

20 foot Zip Dee awning.  We can't really afford one anymore but check anyway.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Songman

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 09:34:13 PM »

I want to check to see if Bontrager's still has any deals on dual pane sliding windows but I haven't measured mine to see what size they are yet.
cody

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 06:30:47 AM »

Dale they will crate and ship if you ask them too, there is an additional charge to do that but when your only paying 20 to 40 buckes each for a new window that has a selling price of 300 to 400 bucks it's still a good deal, be sure you get the clamp rings for them too.
Songman

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 08:11:34 AM »

Thanks cody. I already have new Peninsula sliders that came with the bus when I bought it but they are not dual pane. I figure at the prices they are offering them for, it is at least worth checking. My windows are in the middle of the center bay with junk piled on each side of them so I haven't gotten them out yet. Honestly, at this point it probably doesn't matter about size. Since I don't have the sides on yet I could change the size of the holes if I got a good enough deal.

Do any of you Eagle guys know off the top of your head what size window you used?
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 08:18:29 AM »

Do any of you Eagle guys know off the top of your head what size window you used?

How about the nautical look, with a row of portholes down the side . . ?  Cheesy

And you could get one of those electronic horns to play the "Pirates of the Caribbean" song . . .

cody

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 08:24:24 AM »

Dale, the windows I got for my bus and pauls bus measure 271/2 by 521/4 long, the new windows fit perfectly side to side but the top to bottom required filling in a half inch at the top and bottom, for that I used shims I cut from a pressure treated 2x4, the standard wall thickness provided by eagle was perfect for the windows and clamp rings, the window opening framework was 1 1/2 inches thick, exactly what the windows I got measured out at.  If you want to adjust your windows sizes, they have hundreds of different windows in both black painted frames and white painted frames, all different opening configurations, mine and pauls are thermopane sliders with screens. lol, I didn't see any round ones tho lol but the radius corners were exactly the same as what I removed, also check out the ones you pick cause many of the windows they have a available in both double pane and single pane and some of them are mixed together on the racks.
Songman

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 09:45:37 AM »

Thanks Cody, I will give them a call next week with that newfound information.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 07:32:19 PM »

Dale, as you've mentioned already, in your case I would get windows as close to the size you want and just weld in steel tubing to fit the windows.  You have the side the bus anyhow.

I'll see what Bontragers has when I am there in the morning.  I am currently in Elkhart.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 08:55:26 AM »

I found one double pane window at Bontragers that was 48"x28" at the edge of the window itself (Not the edge of the outside flange).  I thgouth I saw three more some place, but when I looked again I couldn't find them.

Note that trim rings are not included although they have stacks of them that might fit.

bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 09:54:44 AM »

Awnings Brian - a w n i n g s - AWNINGS - awnings.  Think awnings.

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??

Grin Grin Grin

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 10:20:07 AM »

Dale and others,

I live a few miles from that RV surplus store in Eugene that advertises in MAK.  I have bought a ton over there and I am satisfied with the price (barely) and the service.  They have AAWWNNIINNGGSS!

They have double pane windows with rings, piles of 2.5KW inverters and just about everything else under the sun including entire dash boards out of high line S&S.  Their prices are not low but I have found that if you are going to spend a grand or more they chop the prices in half....amazing.  I don't know about shipping and packing and I don't need a job.  You contact them and negotiate your deal and I will go over and look at what they want to send you if you want me to.  Happy to help any Knut.

Dale I will store and hold your stuff till you can have it picked up if you want.  Might save you some shipping, I guess.

I know this place cannot touch Bontrager type places in Indiana, etc. but it might be more accessable to some.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 10:45:55 AM »

Brian,

If you are still looking and shopping, I am looking for two reclining swivel chairs. Would prefer it be a cream or off white, Ultra sweade(sp), or fabric or leather.

Thanks,

Stop by New Jersey and I will put up for couple nites by the ocean.

Gary Pasternak

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 02:20:53 PM »

Brian,

I NEED a "shunt" for a Link 2000.  How much shipped?  I will do the money part.....Bontragers phone number is?

Many thanks,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: