Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 25, 2014, 07:56:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone looking for any RV surplus items in Elkhart?  (Read 3108 times)
pvcces

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 07:15:24 PM »

JohnEd, those shunts are commonly available. You are looking for 500A @ 50MV, and I remember finding them many places when we needed to round up a few. The singles are about $50 list, and I don't think that the doubles are twice that.

Search for them using Google shopping; Blue Sea 8255 is what I used for search criteria. I think there are some less expensive ones around but the Blue Sea line seems to be good quality.

Happy New Year!

Tom Caffrey

Tom Caffrey PD4106-2576
Suncatcher
Ketchikan, Alaska
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 12:54:16 AM »

Thank you Tom and right back at you.

As you said in your PM, Sean got me to the victory lane.  My thanks to you both. 

That RV surplus place wants $75 each for those shunts and I need two.  I think I will let him try to hatch them.

Thanks again ALL,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2009, 09:23:26 PM »

I quite literally just got back from trip to Elkhart and to see Ron the Busnut.  Freezing rain started just before I got to Ron's place in Spencer, IA.  It took me almost double as long as normal to drive from Spencer to home due to freezing rain and snow.  Sometimes I had to stop every 10 miles to scrape ice off the windshield.  The last 250 miles was not fun.  I rented a minivan as it was still less expensive and easier than driving the bus.  (Need the floor space in the minivan.)

All the surplus places had your typical awnings like on travel trailers.  $450 for 17 to 18 foot and bit more/less for longer or shorter.  I didn't see any of the fancy motorized awnings except Ron the Busnut had a fancy Girard awning for $1800.  The price seemed high, but I have never priced one.

Ron doesn't have any queen size Select Comfort beds, but he thinks he has a king.  No idea if that is a full sized king or an RV king.  (Are there RV king sized mattresses like RV queens?)

I didn't see the posting about the captain's chairs until I was already out of the Elkhart area.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 04:26:31 AM »

Glad you returned safe & sound, despite the severe weather, Thanks for asking, as you were generious to take the time to look for others.

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2009, 06:32:51 AM »

Thanks
John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2009, 06:35:04 AM »

Thank you Brian. 

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Songman

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2009, 03:30:18 PM »

John,

I appreciate the offer. I might just take you up on that! I wish we could have had more time when Don and I were up that way!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: