Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 20, 2014, 02:12:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bay bedroom  (Read 1901 times)
oldallegro

Ignore
« on: April 08, 2006, 10:48:07 PM »

Which bay is best for putting in a bedroom?  Do you have access only from the inside or both from the inside and the outside?  Can a window be put in down there?  How can it be sealed from fumes and temperature?  Thanks for whatever help you can offer on this.
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 04:10:18 AM »

Which bay is best for putting in a bedroom?  Do you have access only from the inside or both from the inside and the outside?  Can a window be put in down there?  How can it be sealed from fumes and temperature?  Thanks for whatever help you can offer on this.

Ours is in the first (nearest driver) bay.  Middle is storage and generator.  Last is holding tanks, seems to work well.

Access is from up top in the main coach area, under one of the dinettes.  Yes, a window can be put in.  Ours is blended in with the rubber rail - same height, so it doesn't stick out, but the kids can look out when they want to.

Insulation can be put in - fumes have never been a problem.  Temperature - I put in a floor grate up top, like a household furnace grate, and underneath that, I put a large 12volt computer box fan.  This draws air from the main coach area to cool the bay area.  Working well.  I will add another similar fan to draw heat from the main furnace at a later date.  There is a switch downstairs which the kids can use to control the fan.  Late for church, I'll post a couple of pictures later. 

MAK built ours, and also several others, he may want to chime in as  well here.

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
mak

Southern California location

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 07:34:42 AM »

Phil did a good job responding. I have done 3 now with the below sleeping area. Kids love it. For heat and A/C you can tap into the ducts on both side of the bus by drilling a 2 inch hole into them. Windows... are mounted lower in the MCI so the hinge of the door does not need to be cut, they are mounted low, but blend in with the bus. The access door is small, but I can fit in and out, a larger door can be cut in with some welding involved. But over all, it's a big hit with the kids and can still be used for storage when needed.
mak

I may have started it, but you'll have to finish it!
Located in So CA (Orange County)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: