Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 28, 2014, 08:09:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: best source for new tires in Florida??  (Read 1213 times)
white-eagle

Ignore
« on: January 02, 2009, 04:23:19 AM »

We have to at least replace the front tires on our Eagle, maybe a few more.  Any suggestions on best brands for Eagle and best dealers/deals?

obviously, we're in Arcadia, but heading North, then West soon.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 04:38:21 AM by manasst » Logged

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 06:08:31 AM »

What size? Are you looking for a particular brand?

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 06:12:22 AM »

I will not recommend a brand, I want a known brand at low price, cause they just sit there and rot. I found the best price in Florida was Dayton tires at GCR in Tampa, this was 2 years ago.  They can also spin balance, which I prefer.

GCR Tampa tire center  6310 Adamo DR  Tampa    813  623   1596

There is also Big T tire in Avon park, which is more on your way, they had a good price on Cooper tires. I dont have the contact info.

There is a place on Hwy 27 between Avon Park and I-4 which will spin balance on the bus, I cannot remember name, will post if I do.

Why would anyone go north this time of year??  I guess north could be subjective, do you mean north like Orlando, you cant mean north like Ohio???

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 06:50:12 AM »

Tom,
If your Eagle is on 11R24.5's like most then getting a good price at a fair price should be no problem! As mentioned try GCR, also get out the phone book (or use internet) and call around. Lastly look up Pietro's, & TA's websites and see what kinda specials they are having sometimes they will have an overstock and run a good sale to "unload" them. Most important is no matter where you buy them make sure they are not over 2 yrs old. (Check the date code on the side wall) HTH  Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 08:43:12 AM »

No not North like Ohio.  we have to go north around the gulf to Texas.  i'm thinking about having my suspension adjusted at the eagle factory now.  but in the meantime someone pointed out some cracking on the front tires.

yes bk, they are 11r24.5 michelin's.  i was told that goodyear's are the best brand on an eagle and at this point i'm not impressed with the 5 year's on the michelin's but it could be my fault for not driving enough.

i should just drive down and visit somebody every other weekend.

i'll try those phone numbers becuase tampa is on the way by.  thanks for the recommendations.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 08:54:35 AM »

We have to at least replace the front tires on our Eagle, maybe a few more.  Any suggestions on best brands for Eagle and best dealers/deals?

Everybody's got a cousin in Miami . . .
NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 12:06:18 PM »

You will pay for them, but Bridgestone is a hard tire to beat for safety and longivity.

The main reason they are expensive is they sell most of their tires to the new truck transportation industry. Bridgestone tires come factory on all Paccar products. Paccar manufactures Kenworth and Peterbilt.

All the Japanese tires are very reliable, Toyo, and Yokohama are less costly than Bridgestone and I see little difference in safety and milage in their top tires. I am not a Goodyear fan. Goodyear uses a weak casing design and they pick up wear patterns quickly. Michelin has always had the sidewall problem you describe. The oldest Bridgestone in my tire shop today is 9th week of 1998 and it has no sidewall cracking.

If you buy a new KW or Pete, you have bought the best truck money can buy. They come with the best tire you can buy, no extra charge!

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 12:54:29 PM »

OK you started it so now I will talk about tires, I was told the french junk was the "Best" The only thing that is the best is thier advertising!!!! They also deserve praise for being the highest priced.
 At 5 years my frenchies started to check, I thought it was A. because the painter had wiped paint off my tires with lacquer thinner. B. because I did not drive enough. As I asked about tires I was amazed at the amount of negativity towards the frenchies!!
 The good thing about the frenchies is I was able to sell my used tires quickly and use the money towards new ones. I got $400 for 2 used 12R 22.5 mounted and balanced.
 I purchased  2 Daytons 11R 24.5 2 years ago for $752.82 At GCR. Thats mounted, spin balanced, new stems and all tax's.
 When you decide on a brand, do a websearch on recalls, its an eye opening experience.

North to Texas is OK, better than north to NY or some such place!!

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

Kirby-4104-FL

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 01:29:57 PM »

Perhaps the place jjrbus was trying to think of is Snyder Tire in Haines City, on Hwy 27.  Their web site -- http://www.snyderdiscounttire.com/ -- doesn't say much about anything other than autos, but they have the big tires and several big rig bays for the work.  We've had our tires balanced there several times.  Seemed like a good, professional operation; they are in our GPS "Favorite Locations".

Linda
Blacksheep

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 02:25:50 PM »

Tom maybe you should have looked at the deal I got at the rally!!!! Smiley
Good enough for my rears even though they are Michelen XZX's! I couldn't pass up the price With alcoa polished wheels!
Spares? Yep, now I have 2!
Ace
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: