Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 05:10:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiser’s website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MCI DRIVERS WINDOW  (Read 1303 times)
christopher

Ignore
« on: June 13, 2006, 07:07:33 PM »

How do you take the window out to replace it?
thanx
christopher
El-Sonador

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 07:11:20 PM »

thanx
christopher

Christopher... Hi

You may want to state what model and year MCI you have and which "Drivers" window... Front or side.

This may get you a faster response.

Steve

Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 12:29:23 PM »

thanx
christopher
<
>
Pull back the rubber on the inside of the bus, and you will see the screws holding the window assembly in.

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 07:18:52 PM »

Little late on this post, but I had the same question recently.  Bought a Pen window (bought 8 of them, but the other 7 have long been installed)  and it sat around here for almost 2 years.   Anyway, I couldn't see the screws.  Once I got into the mood to replace the window, I found that most of the screws were not there...missing.  The OEM driver's window was only held in by the top and bottom screws.  No wonder I couldn't see'em.  They weren't there.  The retaining screws are visible right behind the rubber trim...don't damage the rubber trim unless you wish to replace it.  The outer edge is the weatherseal for the window. 
Anyone need a nice OEM drivers window?  FREE...come and get it!   This is for an MC9.   I'll bring it to the FMCA rally in Charlotte, or Timmonsville, SC gathering if anyone wants it...headed to the dump if not! 
OEM was in good condition...no damage.  Probably replaced and someone decided to go home rather than install screws. They are a little difficult to get started...but, I've got'em all in.   Should solve an air leak that was puzzling me...?
Best, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: