Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 04:57:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Eagle on I 10  (Read 2236 times)
VanTare

« on: January 06, 2009, 08:12:04 AM »

Do you fellows know who owns a green eagle with a jeep painted to match I saw one Sunday in San Antonio if the owner is on the board I would like to say that is a nice rig and I love the paint on the bus and the jeep.I do not know what power it has but that puppy will move I never could catch up to him     

David
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 08:04:48 PM by VanTare » Logged
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 08:48:22 AM »

David,that would be LUVRBUS on the move ,have a nice day Grin(atta boy clifford! Cool.Van

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 08:52:07 AM »

Do you fellows know who owns a green eagle with a jeep painted to match I saw one Sunday in San Antonio if the owner is on the board I would like to say that is a nice rig and I love the paint on the bus and the jeep.I do not what power it has but that puppy will move I never could catch up to him     

David

David it has also been my experience that the nicer the paint job/coach the harder it is to catch those Eagles! (could be that they are so light weight as per Cody mentioning his plates get cheaper every yr in Michigan where they pay per lb! )
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
cody

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 08:59:56 AM »

Yep that could be it, like BK said we pay by the pound, at least for the older ones, the newer ones pay by the value of the coach new and that is a killer for some, I'm lucky at this point the rate for my coach is 90 cents per 100 pounds so mine is pretty cheap.lol  Each year I get a little cheaper rate as I leave red dust and body parts on the side of the road, at least body parts from the bus lol, I also find that I don't have to wind the rubber band quite as tight, most people can attest to that I'm not that tightly wrapped or wound most of the time.
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 09:14:57 AM »

Hmmmm...  if i figured that right my 29,000 lb. 5A would cost me $522 for two years in Michigan?  In that case i am glad we are based out of AZ.  i pay $ 31.43 for two years. For the difference, right now i can get a couple of tanks of fuel. And i don't have to deal with snow and freezing weather!!! Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
cody

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 09:26:03 AM »

Smart move ed, yep it is costly, plates in michigan are good for a year unless it's the historical type of plate then they are a lot cheaper and good for several years, I think the cut off is 1984 but i'm not sure of the year where the plate cost is based on the vehicles new value.  I'm giving serious concideration to a historical plate, my bus is old enough to qualify but i'm not sure about the usage requirements.
Songman

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 09:40:34 AM »

Do you fellows know who owns a green eagle with a jeep painted to match I saw one Sunday in San Antonio if the owner is on the board I would like to say that is a nice rig and I love the paint on the bus and the jeep.I do not what power it has but that puppy will move I never could catch up to him     

David

Clifford just has one of those old smoky noisy two strokes... Shhh... Don't tell anyone.  Cheesy
VanTare

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 09:42:12 AM »

Bike Whisper I know Clifford but haven't seen him in 10 years but he owned a Prevost XL the last time I saw him not a eagle  

David
Songman

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 11:10:31 AM »

Clifford didn't have the best of luck with his Prevost. He has a beautiful Eagle now.

Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 01:50:56 PM »

Dale ,don't tell clifford's engine it's a whiz banger,it thinks it's a Cat 4 by the way it can pull away from ya on a grade Shocked Grin. vantare ,was gonna post a current pic but songman beat me to it,does it match the picture? if not you probably saw only the rear of his eagle Cheesy. that's why I try and park as clost to cliffords bus as possible,maybe some HP will rub off on mine Wink.Van

P.S dale if you see smoke coming from the rear of his eagle,he probably left the jeeps parking brakes on again Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 01:53:16 PM by THE BIKE WHISPERER » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Catskinner!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 02:25:45 PM »

Dale

You are just trying to stir the INSTIGATOR up.
Ha! Ha!

Catskinner!
Sonnie & Patti Gray
72 0/5 Eagle 3406 Cat
Pottsboro, Texas
Songman

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 04:04:49 PM »

Would I do that?!?   Wink

Not me! I'm always bragging on that hot rod of yours! I mean look how pretty it is!

VanTare

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 05:10:48 PM »

Thanks for the picture Songman that is the coach and jeep I will PM Clifford
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 06:05:40 PM »

Between Clifford's and Sonnie's Eagles I can't figure out which one I would like better! They are both "One of a kind". The only difference is when that Cat howls, it's a screamer! Roll Eyes

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 06:48:02 PM »

Those are some pretty looking Eagles. Thanks for the pics.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: