Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 03:46:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is There a Block or Ignore Feature on here?  (Read 8949 times)
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 06:16:48 AM »

... The only words that really shouldn't be used here are the same ones George Carlin used in his 7 words you can't say on TV.

Ok, now this is getting just a little bit scary. I had not read this post from last night, but this morning while in the shower, I started thinking about George Carlin's 7 Words. I do my best thinking while waking up in the shower.

MAK is getting into my brain while I'm sleeping!!!

Anyway, I started thinking about the skit. When he did it in the 60's and 70's, it was all true. You couldn't say those words on TV. Now it's not so much. Today, on network television at least two of them are regularly used, and a couple others are used so often and poorly bleeped that they might as well not bother because any two year old could figure it out. But his logic still stands on the last one... "...and tits shouldn't even be on the list. It sounds like a snack. Yes I know, it is a snack. New Nabisco Tits! There's Corn Tits and Pizza Tits. Cheese Tits. Onion Tits.... Tator tits."

And if you find that offensive, you really need to get to a psychiatrist for your 50,000 mile humor checkup, because that's just plain funny no matter how you look at it.  Tater tits!!  ROFLAMO!!

Hey, who stole my tinfoil hat?

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
youknowwho

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 09:12:53 AM »

Now that there was a funny post.

Song man, Just because I said I'm not going out of my way "Not" to offend someone doesn't mean I don't care about others feelings or beliefs it's just there's too many extremists on this particular site and some of them go from one extreme to the other on any given day or topic according to who posts it or who jumps on or off the band wagon.
If you have control over what I can or cannot say what is the purpose of free speech and better yet why did all all those men and women have to die on battle fields?

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 09:58:00 AM »

Now that there was a funny post.

Song man, Just because I said I'm not going out of my way "Not" to offend someone doesn't mean I don't care about others feelings or beliefs it's just there's too many extremists on this particular site and some of them go from one extreme to the other on any given day or topic according to who posts it or who jumps on or off the band wagon.
If you have control over what I can or cannot say what is the purpose of free speech and better yet why did all all those men and women have to die on battle fields?

Hi Ron,

Free speach is relevent in an open public fourm. However, this is a private membership fourm and we don't allow it.

If free speach is what you want, then I would suggest you go elsewhere and express it.

Thanks
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Songman

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 04:30:42 PM »

Ron, you know I like you. We have spoken on the phone and have no problems. But who gets to define 'extremist'. I would say to a number of people you would be considered extreme. So for that purpose, your definition might actually apply to you as well. I have also had troubles here with people who switch sides on a particular issue just to try to stir up a fight. I have found, even though it is hard, that the best thing to do is ignore him. You seem to have a problem with religious people. Sadly, we make up about 90% of the population so instead of being offend by us, probably best to just ignore us on anything that appears religious to you.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: