Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 11:29:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad Behavior on the BB  (Read 3498 times)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« on: January 07, 2009, 09:42:15 AM »

We have had to ban a few members recently for behavior that was very inappropriate. This included PMs and emails as well as post on the BB.  I am not going to name names or point fingers, but this is just a reminder that this BB is read by many busnuts including women and a few children. 
   Bad behavior will not be tolerated. "That's just the way I am" is not an excuse.  If I said "I always start my post with You Are A Jerk, because that is just the way I am" does not make it OK.
   1st bans have ranged from 30-60 days. Future misbehavior has resulted in 1 year bans and it is possible to be banned permanently.
    Please, lets keep this a pleasant place for all to come to.  If someone post something you do not like, just ignore it and don't keep it going by retaliating with a similar post.  Jack
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 04:42:21 PM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
gus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 03:26:22 PM »

Jack,

Good!!

Things were getting out of hand lately, fortunately it was only one or two posters.

Keep up the good work.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 05:37:43 PM »

Well said, Jack.

I for one, have a lot of respect for the way the administrators run this BB.  Somebody has to be the leader and keep us in line.  Thanks for all you do.
Dennis

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
ryoo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 05:41:42 PM »

I too agree with you. they do a great job here.and with that they have so much intrest in with what they have to read.
Blacksheep

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 05:46:50 PM »

Uhh for you curiosity seekers, I'm still here and to my knowledge have made little to no trouble, caused little to no harm, made very few to no enemies and have not been banned!

Thanks Jack! Not sure what happened or who was involved and really could care less! I figure if men can't act like men, then they need to be gone (with a nudge from you guys) as obviously some have and some have even left on their own! Good choice on thier part!

Ace
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 06:10:30 PM »

I have not been on the board as much lately so I luckily missed it. I agree that this board needs to remain beyond reproach and unblemished from posters who lack respect and civility towards others. I wish to express again, my gratitude, to the moderators for their time and diligence in ensuring this board is a place where everyone feels welcome, and everyone has the ability to advance and share their knowledge of this quirky hobby.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
It’s the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Paso One

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 06:16:13 PM »

Whew I thought I got banned for mentioning "snow" at your party. Grin

Keep up the great work guys

68 5303 Fishbowl 40' x 102"
6V71  V730 4:10
Songman

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 06:36:47 PM »

Uhh for you curiosity seekers, I'm still here and to my knowledge have made little to no trouble, caused little to no harm, made very few to no enemies and have not been banned!

Ace

I'm mad at you! No, I guess actually I am mad at me because I missed out on the big jam sessions down there in Florida!
Greg Roberts

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 06:47:13 PM »

Good on you Jack!

Check out my Eagle 20 here: http://photobucket.com/GregRobertsEagle20
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 07:16:20 PM »

Good post Jack. Its sad some of the people who are no longer offering ideas because of this, not getting banned but leaving.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 09:22:00 PM »

I feel that I have led such a very sheltered life.  I have been here for many years and I have NEVER seen a post that rose to the level of.....whatever, that is being discussed here.  I guess I am lucky or blind cause I know the difference in civility and non behavior.  You moderators MUST be doing a great job.  Either that or you guys have been funn'in me all this time.  I think Not.

Thank you for you service and concern for us,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 04:14:51 AM »

Thanks Jack and other mods for all you do!

It's just said that we who are adults have to be babysat, we should know better!

I guess it's easy to flame someone when we are not face to face, and this is such a flat medium.

I try very hard to treat others as I would want to be treated, a sign of respect.

Keep up the good work guys, we appreciate it! Wink

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 04:43:46 AM »

I guess it's easy to flame someone when we are not face to face, and this is such a flat medium.
Paul

How True!   Just like Dogs, the barking Dog seldom, if ever bites, its the quiet one you have to watch!

We have had to ban a few members recently for behavior that was very inappropriate.   I am not going to name names or point fingers.  Jack

Great!  I have been too busy building my new bus barn, and drivers lounge to keep up on all this, and now I am going to have to see who's not posting.  And then, maybe, be disappointed its not who I thought........ Grin

Good Job Moderators....

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 05:20:52 AM »

Right on Jack!!! Thanks.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 08:37:40 AM »

Just checking to see if I'm still here LOL  Grin
Thanks

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: