Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 22, 2014, 01:01:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad Behavior on the BB  (Read 3392 times)
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 04:44:18 PM »

Jack, outstanding! 

Here's my take.  When I started to get involved with conversions, 2-3 years ago, I did a lot of reading, and followed two bulletin boards - this and one other.  I found the general tone of discussion much better here or, perhaps I found the tone much more objectionable in the other location.  Smart-Alec comments, put-downs, etc.  No, obviously not directed at me, but I'm getting too old to even want to read that stuff.  I have a few decades in the bus business, and the combination of age and experience have taught me how to keep my blood pressure down. 

Even here, I posted my experience when the 4107 developed a coolant leak that I couldn't find, and was posting my experience with Coach Net.  The result?  I got chewed out for daring to call a wrecker rather than fixing it myself.  The result of that?  Obviously, I ain't stupid enough to ask for more slings and arrows.  How many other people have left, or won't participate because of that type of behavior.

More recently, reading some of the threads in off-topic - I was watching train wrecks in progress.  In one, I mentioned that I subscribe to Bus Conversions not so much for the value of the magazine to me, but to pay MAK back for sponsoring/maintaining this board.  Subsequent posts got quite heated - not just stating opinions, but a lot of arguing, a lot of I must be right so You must be wrong.  Very sad to read.

So, Jack - good for you, thanks for doing what's necessary to keep members participating, and trying to keep the forum attractive for newcomers.  After all, isn't this supposed to be fun? 

Arthur

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
VanTare

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 05:30:43 PM »

I belong to 2 Prevost boards with over 2000 members each and I  have never saw either get out of hand as fast as this board or the BNO . I enjoy reading the boards and the comments made but I think the moderators should be a little faster on stopping it before feeling are hurt and people leave. Fellows remember the Golden Rule and all will be fine, now you can take these comments with 10 cents and buy a cup of coffee at Searchlight Nev. (could last year at this time)

David
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 05:41:57 PM »

Arthur, I couldn't agree with you more.  If I want rants and raves, I can see it on afternoon TV.  LOL! AHHH, peace...
Dennis

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 07:35:06 PM »

I would like to thank you Jack. 

I didn't read posts before they were deleted. This board has a very wide variety of people using it. The purpose is to share info and make friends. If there are a few that don't get that than they need to leave for awhile and if they still don't get it than who needs their input anyhow. I for one can take a lot and not be offended unless personally attacked. I am fairly new to the board and I am in the middle of my build. I like giving my opinion and like others to do the same. If there are people with a lot of bus building experience staying away than we all suffer. Hope all can get along and respect each other.

John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 07:36:14 PM »

Just checking to see if I'm still here LOL  Grin
Thanks
[/quote
me too!

thanks Jack, good post.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
chargePlus

1951 GMC PD4103-125

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 07:43:57 PM »

I enjoy reading the boards and the comments made but I think the moderators should be a little faster on stopping it before feeling are hurt and people leave.

My guess is that the moderators have lives outside of these forums and as such are not online 24/7 watching out for inappropriate messages. Sometimes things can go from zero to inferno in the span of 15-20 minutes if the individuals involved are online at the same time. I also know that as volunteers it can become tiring very quickly. I manage a web site for a sports car club of which I am a member. No matter what I do there is somebody who is not happy. So I keep doing what I can, ignore what I can, and take the advice and criticism when appropriate. Yep, sometimes it hurts. That's life.

I guess I've been lucky to miss some of the more "interesting" volleys, but I also know that I was neck deep in some of the more colorful discussions in the Off-Topic forum. I also checked myself on more than one occasion when I found my response too venomous. Rather than post, I stopped typing, and went back to reading.

That said, I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings, and I wasn't approached by the moderators, and I honestly tried to add to the conversation. There were times when I was trying to provoke a response, but I hope I didn't resort to calling someone on this forum a name. I will go after a source, but only if I think I can back up my posts with reputable unbiased sources, such as The Weekly World News, The National Enquirer, Republican National Committee or Democratic National Committee web sites, among others.

Thanks to our moderators who have it dialed in about right.

Cheers,

- John

Sports Car Lover and Bus Nut
1951 GMC PD4103-125 http://www.euliss-uftring.org/DaBus
Sports Car Club of America http://www.ncrscca.com/
Mazda Sports Car Club of NC http://www.msccnc.org/
gmpd4104

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 02:42:43 PM »

I found it very interesting in going back through these supposed bad behavior posts....that the same info was posted on the BBS board with little to no problems over the past year or so.

It seems to me that some folks may have thin skin and are unwilling to see/hear all sides yet are quick to attack other posters for thier opinion, or even factual/informational posts.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: