Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 17, 2014, 09:45:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dina steering wondering!  (Read 1131 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« on: June 26, 2006, 08:23:43 AM »

Hey Brian,
I just got off the phone and it was the idler arm bearings that were shot! He'd had it aligned, had everything checked from the steering wheel to the last wheel bearing, when he brought it to us and told us he couldn't figure it out! Lamont (mechanic that used to work for me) checked things over and couldn't see anything, so he got on a big wheel creeper and held onto the steering axle while I very slowly idled around the block! At the second corner he yelled stop and came out smiling ear to ear and had found the problem! Seems not everybody (including me) is used to idler arms having bearings! Once replaced it drove as good as new again! So that's where ya need to have J.D. check first! BK! Grin Cool Only 4 more days to VOTE when is best for you, an your's for the "TN Fall Bus Bash at Knuckle's! Cool Grin
Smiley Grin Cool  We gonna have a BLAST at the"TN Fall Bus Bash" at Knuckle's  Cool Grin Smiley

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 12:22:01 PM »

You're kidding here, right? 

Are you really saying that your mechanic rode on a creeper underneath the bus, hanging on like James Bond, while you drove it around the block??

That guy has got bigger cahones than I do!

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
belfert

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 01:17:36 PM »

I am going to take the bus back over C&J on Wednesday and leave it there while I'm on vacation.  They are going to look at the steering again.  They never test drove it on the interstate before to see if the steering was fixed, but they also couldn't find any bad components in the steering besides the tie rods.

I'll print out BK's posting and bring it along for JD.

Brian Elfert
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 01:42:31 PM »

That guy has got bigger cahones than I do!
Just a smaller brain. That's just crazy! That guy must be trying out for Jackass or something. Or has a death wish... If that creeper "creeped" under a tire... God.

Why couldn't they block the coach up and run the steering through its paces... the way you do when you're bleeding it?

Do NOT try this at home, folks.

Brian

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 03:54:18 PM »

Yes he did ride the creeper about 300 yrds and only at an Idlle while we had someone else walking beside it! The aliagnment shop had already tried the jacking and turning and all that, and couldn't find a thing! We had already been under it while turning the wheel back and forth and could not find it! But as Lamont said sometimes things have to be moving and under pressure to show they are worn out! and when he saw the whole idler arm shift he knew he'd found the problem! And as far as the Jackass , smaller brain, and don't try this at home remarks I think if you'll read it very carefully and obiously     S     L    O    W    L    Y so you can comprehend I didn't recommend anyone try it at all! I simply told Brian what Lamont reminded me what it was causing the problem with the loose steering that the "Professoinals" at the alignment shop couldn't find! NO I DID NOT SAY HEY TRY THIS! OR THIS IS WHAT YA NEED TO DO! I simply stated what I believe his problem is and the only way we were able to find it! If our parking lot hadn't been gravel we'd never headed around the block which we started fromthe corner the shop sat on and only had to make the next corner before he found it! Not like I took him down the road like in the movie SPEED! Which is where he came up with the idea! BK

Grin Cool Only 4 more days to VOTE when is best for you, an your's for the "TN Fall Bus Bash at Knuckle's! Cool Grin
Smiley Grin Cool  We gonna have a BLAST at the"TN Fall Bus Bash" at Knuckle's  Cool Grin Smiley

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: