Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 02:48:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "Problems" continue  (Read 5267 times)
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2009, 03:58:33 PM »

I dunno from TPS on a Prevost but on a Powersmoke they are a regular maintenance item.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
VanTare

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2009, 04:45:33 PM »

Blacksheep:with all that was going on with the battery charging on your Prevost you may have to much voltage.DDEC's are sensitive to voltage and the manufactures know this and that is why I follow their recommendations not the battery manufactures   

David
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 04:48:13 PM by VanTare » Logged
NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2009, 05:07:36 PM »

Ace,

You said that you had voltage issues. The TPS is a self calibrating unit. When you had low voltage the TPS probably ran out of spec. It is re-calibrated by repeatedly turning the main power switch off and on 10 times.

Still not sure you are not getting air into the filters and the DDEC sensor at the filter is not cutting the power as replacing the filters with full filters would stop the problem until it sat awhile and bled some more air into the line. Were the filters full to the top when you pulled them? If not you have a leak in a hose or fitting.

DDEC allows you to unhook the sender on the fuel filter that senses air and clear the air through the injectors by picking up the RPM. Like I said before though, I think its there to stop you from running the electronic injectors without fuel (if you run the tank dry for instance) and seizing a plunger. (Spendy). So the sensor just shuts the injectors down. (300 RPM)

The other problem I have had with the DDEC relays is moisture related. They don't handle a large load and are sensitive enough that they will stop working and simply taking them out and polishing the terminals with some fine sandpaper and replacing them brings them back up.

I'm about 5 years into my DEEC and ATEC learning curve and was not to long ago going to look for a older coach and give up on the damn stuff, but the more I study it the more comfortable I get with it. I still don't like it much though and like the mechanical engines that will always bring me home with no issues and without $1000 issues or more related to computers. Sure wish it was easy to stuff a Big Cam 3 Cummins in an Eagle.  

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high
Blacksheep

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2009, 05:19:20 PM »

David, I appreciate that and yes I have thought that as well BUT, this happened right before I set the charge rate up to what the Prevost book calls for so with that I would have to rule that option out.

I am a little confused with the R73 relay socket that is empty. The schematic calls for it but my bus and my friends H3 both do not have it installed. I guess there is a good reason.

I'm still studying electronics trying to learn!

Ace

NJT thanks! I wasn't aware that the tps could be re-set. When you say turn the main power switch on and off 10 times are you talking about the key switch or the battery disconnect? Is that a fix fix or a temporary fix? At this point, I will try anything!

As for the filters? They both were full to the top yesterday and  today when I checked them for that exact reason!

I know what you mean about looking for an older coach with a mechanical engine. Been there a few times but when you fix the gremlins that the electronics give you, it's a really good feeling! It's times like this though that cause you to go fill a can of gas at the station. The good thing about that is, it gives you just enough time to come to your senses! I sure hope they don't build a station closer to me than what is already here! That might mean trouble!

Ace

NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2009, 05:33:00 PM »

Ace,

If it is out of calibration, its a fix, fix. Its the battery disconnect. The DDEC copys a signal over 20,000 times a minute so this could be an issue with low batterys although DDEC is supposed to operate down to about 10 volts. My experience with DDEC has been if its bad it won't work at all. If it has a hickup it just likes to be reset and may go for months before that issue repeats. The more you ask the DDEC to do the more attention it pays to hickups and shuts down. Its works best with the full shutdown mode turned off. It will then for some reason overlook hickups and keep running when it gets a code where it will shut down at the smallest loss of the 20,000 times a minute signal.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 05:49:24 PM by NJT 5573 » Logged

Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2009, 05:46:03 PM »

Ace,

I kicked the DDEC Motherload, (Bible) back to the top for you to spend some time with. Hours of information for free and online. Scroll down about halfway to start when you have some free time, its worth the effort.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 05:48:16 PM by NJT 5573 » Logged

Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2009, 06:07:05 PM »

R73 was for buses made previously to yours - as per schematic.
Don't worry about it. Check all power and ground conections.
Blacksheep

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2009, 06:19:44 PM »

Sammy thanks! I have checked and rechecked. I must be just overlooking something. I will not mess with it tomorrow as I have to pop corn from 8am to 3 pm but when I get home I will go at it again!

NJT, thanks! Not sure I understand what you mean when you say you kicked it back to the top for me to read! I looked everywhere for whatever it is and just like this problem, it isn't to be found! Are you playing with me?  Huh

Ace
NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2009, 06:37:59 PM »

Ace,

It's the 6th post down, DDEC Motherload For Free, it was down to page 6, I first posted it on Jan 1. Sorry, Didn't mean to confuse.

Blacksheep

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2009, 06:55:54 PM »

Yea I found it after I posted and have been reading ever since!

Thanks...  hope I can learn something from it!   Roll Eyes

Ace
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2009, 07:09:15 PM »

Yea I found it after I posted and have been reading ever since!

Thanks...  hope I can learn something from it!   Roll Eyes

Ace

we all do too   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

How's basket head, the pampered babe?

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Blacksheep

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2009, 07:15:34 PM »

Hey Tom, that story must have made a mark on you guys! Bob wants to get together and get his wife one of those buckets (not baskets)!

I'm not sure I want to be around for the sizing though! You know how women can get when things like that happen but if you guys want to venture out on your own (you really don't need me) make sure you shop without a buggy and remember to keep her hands full! Then then mosey on around until you find the right one/s and just GO FOR IT   Grin

Ace
NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2009, 08:08:54 PM »

Ace,

If the fuel sensor that plugs in by the filters was bad it could stop the fuel flow (DDEC). I think you can unplug it and its no longer reads as a bad code to the DDEC.

ArtGill

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2009, 04:16:53 AM »

Ace,

Art & Cheryll Gill
Morehead City, NC
1989 Eagle Model 20 NJT, 6v92ta
ArtGill

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2009, 04:20:26 AM »

Ace,
         Check the plug on the DDEC that goes to the injectors.  If not all you injectors fire all the time it acts like a loss of power from dirty fuel filters.  Also, the turbo boast pressure sensor controls how much fuel can go to your injectors to prevent smoke on take offs from stoplights.

Art

Art & Cheryll Gill
Morehead City, NC
1989 Eagle Model 20 NJT, 6v92ta
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: