Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 12:45:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help!! Air bag change...  (Read 732 times)
turbobrat930

Ignore
« on: January 09, 2009, 11:14:49 AM »

Ok.. Guys and gals, I need some help.

We are taking a friend of mine's 1983 Blue Bird Wanderlodge to a big race in the next few weeks. We drove it over to my house this afternoon to clean/ wash/ maintenance issues.

When we parked it, I heard air escaping from the front left side of the bus... crawled under there and found that an air bag had deteriorated enough to have a leak. (big enough leak that you could hear it from 5 feet away from the bus).

So, I have never changed an air bag before. I know this is not a MCI, Eagle, Provost, etc, etc, etc.... So, I dont know if anyone here has ever worked on a Wanderlodge, but I would guess that it would be close to whats on any of the above mentioned busses. 

Here is my question... How hard is it to change one? I see that it has one large stud & nut on the bottom of the airbag, which looks like it runs though a mounting bracket that is securing the airbag. I would also assume that there is an air line that I will have to take off and hook it to the new bag... Is that it?? Is there something else that I need to be looking for to R&R this airbag?
\
Thanks in advance for the replies.

Brad
luvrbus

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 11:25:58 AM »

Brad, Blue Birds are not hard to change they are mounted on plates raise the bus up to where the front wheel is still on the ground but has little weight and block the body up remove the air bag install a new one takes longer to make the bus safe  to get under it than to replace the bag  or another thought find a school bus shop in your area they will replace it for you takes less than 1 hr    good luck
turbobrat930

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 11:29:04 AM »

Thats kinda what I was thinking... Outstanding... thanks for the help.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: