Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 02:21:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Love my Bus but...  (Read 23777 times)
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2009, 07:24:04 AM »

Ace,

Now that you were able to fix the annoying problem, go have fun until you find another! It's gonna happen, that's part of the life we have with these mechanical beasts. The best part is that YOU fixed it with help from Pete. We all learn from others problems.

Now go for a walk and enjoy life to the fullest! Wink

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2009, 09:48:08 AM »

Paul yea its always a good feeling when you fix a problem. The problem is we are taking the bus out this afternoon and that gives me an eery feeling not knowing if it will run or become a road block! Kind of waiting for the church traffic to slow down before we head out, just in case. I'm taking it down to be worked on. They said bring it on in first of the week but thought it would be easier today than in the morning with workers going to and from!
Got a list of things that need attention so maybe by this time next week, we'll feel more comfortable about running it!
Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2009, 10:09:10 AM »

Ace, you'll be fine, don't even think about it. You made a positive repair. Smiley
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2009, 10:57:08 AM »

Thanks Sammy! Trying to keep busy until I have to pull out to keep my mind occupied!
Good thing Susan remembered that we had to empty out the fridge and freezer or we would have had another mess to deal with. I guess that's one of the downfalls to keeping it plugged in. You tend to use it whether you do or not!
Oh well, the clock is ticking and getting close.
Wish me luck!

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
edroelle

1998 Royale Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2009, 02:06:46 PM »

Congratulations Ace on a success !  Thanks Pete, for perseverance.

As Sojourn suggested, what lessons did we learn?

1.  There is a lot of support in our group when in need (this is reinforced again!).
2.  Don't let the unknown (electrical or whatever) intimidate us.
3.  Utilize diagnostic tools like VOM (volt olm meters), gauges, etc.
4.  Read the books (GM is best, DD is very good, MCI is OK, Prevost-Oh well, Eagle-?)
5.  Don't give up

Ed R.

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2009, 02:12:12 PM »

Now, can you tell me why my rear tail lights are shorted out?  Just kidding.  My tail lights will need a new topic if I can't figure it out in the spring.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2009, 04:19:23 PM »

Just got home from taking the bus. It ran flawlessly except I did notice that all my gauges are working better now. Maybe since they are getting the proper voltage, they are more accurate?
When I got there, I was instructed to pull right on in the shop and shut it down. Got out to lock everything up and to my surprise, some friends of ours were there looking at a bus that was sale. A Country Coach converted Prevost. Rebuilt 8v92 w/ddec 2 auto trans and straight! Needs interior updating only. They stole it for 25k and seem very happy!
7 of us jumped in and took it for a spin. I was jealous of the added 25 hp it was rated at because this bus took off from a dead start like a jack rabbit! What a smooth ride it was and very quiet! I rode in the back which is rare since I usually drive but I was VERY impressed!
I was teasing them about swapping ecm's while they are gone! Anyway the check was writtten and the deal is done and I'm proud for them!
Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2009, 04:27:04 PM »

That was a nice looking unit.  I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it when we were up there Thursday but it was a good looking rig.  If something that nice is selling for $25k in this market then we can all reduce our insurance coverage levels.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2009, 04:29:34 PM »

Bob,

Not me. I want to make sure I can get the same level rig, or better, if we have a wreck. Not to mention, I haven't seen to many converted DL3's with what we want in it...

JMHO

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2009, 06:31:46 PM »

ACE!!!!

i logged on for the first time in quite a few days and couldn't believe your post was still toward the top.  If you were were still having issues, i expected it to be posted on the for sale side, and meeting the rules about less than $150. ;-)

glad to see it was a SIMPLE fix.  i'm sure Susan is relieved that the bus is off your mind, and she is again the primary focus of your attention. 

Watch out for baskets/buckets, Susan!  He's got a lot of ketchin up to do.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2009, 09:49:10 PM »

Congratulations Ace on a success !  Thanks Pete, for perseverance.

As Sojourn suggested, what lessons did we learn?

1.  There is a lot of support in our group when in need (this is reinforced again!).
2.  Don't let the unknown (electrical or whatever) intimidate us.
3.  Utilize diagnostic tools like VOM (volt ohm meters), gauges, etc.
4.  Read the books (GM is best, DD is very good, MCI is OK, Prevost-Oh well, Eagle-?)
5.  Don't give up

Ed R. 

Ed Roelle...you could have not have said it better! This should be in our mind whenever any doubt arises in regard of owning a bus.

And to say the least is praying for wisdom to come into our mind to solve the problem.

Sammy has said many posts earlier about checking the 2 fuses. The point I wants to mention is that just because it look OK doesn’t mean it OK.  In my pass experience working with many customers’ cars & trucks I have learned that in very few cases it can be a broken connection at the abnormal place within the fuse.

All in all we thanks Ace for his patience to keep trying his best to explain, troubleshoot as per replied suggestion and report each finding and until a senior bus nut came in via phone that helped a bus nut to find the culprit.

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: January 19, 2009, 07:38:23 AM »

While we are here, let me point out a few things about fuses in general.  You can often tell a lot from the appearance of a blown fuse.

A large blackened area usually means a quick short circuit or very high overload.

A clean but visible break in the fuse usually means overloaded by a smaller amount.

Quite often a fuse will fail without any visible damage.  That is usually just due to fatigue.  If you are trouble shooting electrical, don't assume a fuse is good by it's appearance.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: January 19, 2009, 09:44:14 AM »

Len,

No chit!

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #133 on: January 19, 2009, 12:24:52 PM »

Ace,
   Are you & Susan going to join us at YeeHaw?  We arrived yesterday and will hold a spot for ya'll if you are coming.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: January 19, 2009, 01:31:52 PM »

Ace,

I didn't mean that about the fuses to rub it in  Smiley

I didn't even know that I could unplug one of the top connectors that feeds the injectors to see if it was firing on that bank! Why? All those wires and ecm are intimidating to someone like me that knows nothing about electronics but now with a little more knowledge, I have much better feeling!

Ace

On the other hand, you still must be careful working around ecm's and other electronics.  Often, you cannot just unplug a cable without causing some damage.  I don't know about ecm's in particular, but electronics in general sometimes are very specific about the order of doing things.  Plug in A, Power up B etc., etc..  It doesn't hurt to stay a little intimidated.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: