Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 30, 2014, 01:23:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do I have  (Read 1761 times)
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« on: January 10, 2009, 10:37:23 PM »

I'm just curious after reading several posts and such about smooth siding and different front caps as to what I may have. I bought it this way and really have little history on the bus other than it was completed in 2001 and judging by the lack of any chips or scratches that it has hardly seen much road time. It's a MCI 7..

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
coachconverter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 10:54:46 PM »

I would guess it's a 1978 MC8, due to he lack of slanted windows and the windshields size. 

What does everyone else think?

Todd
Songman

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 11:46:11 PM »

MC8 had slanted windows too. The windshields do look tall for a 7 though. Looks like you have a whole bus full of R&M upgrades to me. Looks good too!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 11:51:56 PM by Songman » Logged
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 06:06:33 AM »

I did see one updated MCI 7 that had flat windshields.  Can you post a picture of the rear?  The lean of the rear toward the front is also consistant with an MCI 7.

Glenn

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
luvrbus

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 06:17:06 AM »

Guys, he knows he has a  MCI 7 I think he wants to know what it has been updated to look like but I have been wrong before   
good luck
Hobe

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 06:27:28 AM »

Guys he has a MCI 7 with 9 wind shields and R@M up grade kit. I have done 2 like this years ago. Fred North Florida Bus Conversion
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 07:06:18 AM »

Thanks Hobe! That was what I was after. I couldn't see any resemblance to a 7 in the front plus the obvious square headlights and such. I don't have any pics of the rear and it is in storage at the moment. It still has the original bus side windows. Someday I hope to change them to an rv type but they work for now. Thanks again everybody.  Later

Songman

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 11:53:43 AM »

I saw that he said he had a 7. I was just commenting that the 8s had slanted windows as well. Lots of upgrades!

I've always wondered why more MC7-8-9 guys didn't put the 96A2 style windshields in when they were doing a raise with new caps. I was going to put 15 windshields in the old Model 10 but I bought the 20 so now don't have to.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 12:51:12 PM »

I've always wondered why more MC7-8-9 guys didn't put the 96A2 style windshields in when they were doing a raise with new caps.

One of the reasons we bought an MC-8 is the shorter windshield height. I have a 102A3 sitting in my yard and there is a big difference in the amount of heat that comes in through that huge A3 windshield.  Of course, living in South Florida, heat is one of our biggest concerns.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 01:43:49 PM »

I hear you Jack about that windshield height and the heat that it radiates. It's obviously not a big deal when parked as I have reflective insulation covers that do a nice job. However when traveling down the road into the sun it is advised to use  sun block!!! I have the dark limo window tint that I will apply to the top half of the windshields this spring when I start using it again. I may also try to build a stainless steel visor similar to the big rigs if I like the looks of a mocked up version. Later

Songman

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 04:30:16 PM »

I guess it depends on your intended usage. My usage is to take my family around to see the country. The bigger windshields help the passengers be able to see what is ahead, especially on an Eagle where the driver seat is lower than the passenger floor. I'll just use retractable shades in the meantime. I just like the look of the taller windshields too.
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 08:17:54 AM »

Huh

i havnt got the foggiest idea, which is unusaual , cuz i usaually have a Plethera of Foggie ideas  Grin

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
coachconverter

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 02:12:47 PM »

I guessed a 78 MC8 because I've seen two of those, in charter service with square, short passenger windows which a lot like these on this bus.  I was told MCI did a short run of non-slanted windowed 8s while gearing up for the 9s.

But this bus has had a lot of mods, that's for sure.  Looks nice!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: