Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 05:51:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bathroom exhaust gurus?  (Read 4862 times)
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 01:17:20 PM »

We have one fantastic fan in the kitchen with a hood over it for weather protection.  As I remember it, the Maxxair is a pretty easy install over any existing vent hole.  That's a big plus.

I agree with Florida.  Our last bus's tank vent had a PVC tee facing fore/aft and it worked fine.  However, if the existing FF in the bathroom is installed facing front/rear, one could put a permanent hood over it and leave the skylight cracked when on the road.  This may create a negative pressure.  Another stop gap thing is using tank chemicals so the stink is not as serious.  We also found that if we left a window open, particularly in the back of the coach, while traveling, we were likely to draw tank smells into the cabin.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
luvrbus

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2009, 01:52:27 PM »

Cody, the Maxxair does move more air but the amp draw is quite a bit more than the Fantastic Fan   good luck
cody

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2009, 02:13:03 PM »

Yep, for the most part your right, the fantastic vent amp draws are 1.86, 2.29 and 3.00 for low, medium and high, the maxxair is 1.40, 2.45 and 4.0, for low, medium and high, the maxxair actually draws less amps at the low setting but more at medium and high.  I think all things concidered either would work great but the maxxair fit our needs better and we liked the idea of not having to worry about running and closing it when it rained on the road.
luvrbus

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2009, 03:28:01 PM »

That must a newer fan than what my daughters has on her 5th wheel I looked at amp draw on hers it shows 5amps at 957,3.8 at 800 and 2.5 at 480 they must make different models of the fans but like you say both will work  good luck
cody

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2009, 08:29:13 PM »

I took the numbers off the 2 websites, my maxxair is probably 5 years old and I don't know what the amperage or flow rates are for mine, all I used were the numbers provided by the websites, the older ones could very well be different, I don't know, both systems have excellent ratings and I feel both have excellent support backing them, I know that with mine, it developed a chirping sound after around 3 years of use, I contacted maxxair to see what they thought it might be and to see what I could do to correct it, they asked for my address and then mailed me a complete new fan motor, fan and control unit at no charge to me, I've since heard that fantastic vent will also do the same, customer satisfaction is extremely important to both of them.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2009, 09:31:14 PM »

Gus,

There ya go again. Huh  Always talking about SEX. Roll Eyes

Cody,

Thanks for the info.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
gus

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2009, 05:58:15 PM »

Ace,

Pretty much my feeling too.

No response so far though!!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Blacksheep

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2009, 06:11:47 PM »

Yea Gus I don't understand why so many people have the problems they have. It might be because they create them by trying to re-create the wheel! I used the KISS method and I haven't had any problems going thru the floor while sitting or traveling! Why put a potential leak in a roof if you don't need to and then worry about water coming in? Heck I don't even have a roof vent of any kind although I have thought about one in the bathroom OVER the shower just in case I got lazy and forgot to close it and it rains! Of course the rain water would go in the shower and eventually into the holding tank! Better there than in the walls, I would say!

Some people you just can't persuade!

Ace
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2009, 08:27:26 PM »

Ace,

It's called "Do It Your Way"

Not everyone will agree on anything, that's why they call us "Bus Nuts"! Roll Eyes

We have two Fantastic Fans, one regular vent, three roof airs, vent for the black tank/plumbing and no leaks! Wink

It was that way when I bought the coach, not going to change that at this point!

Paul
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 08:30:34 PM by Dreamscape » Logged

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
cody

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2009, 06:44:48 AM »

It's always a good idea to try to minimize the future potential for problems, any opening in the roof has a potential for leaks at some point as gaskets or sealers dry out over time.  Our tanks are vented down thru the floor and work just fine that way but on the roof we have several openings that I tryed to seal properly and at this time they are holding just fine, no leaks, no runs, no errors lol.  Our heat pumps/ac are thru the roof, the tv antenna required a hole and the maxxair vent needed a hole, I try to monitor any openings but with a machine, movement can create problems, that just part of the program.
gus

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2009, 06:07:22 PM »

Ace,

Where is your fridge vent?

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Blacksheep

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2009, 06:08:38 PM »

Gus, What fridge vent?

Ace
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2009, 06:04:45 AM »

For roof penetrations I use butyl rubber tape and Eternabond tape around the edge to seal things.  So far my roof penetrations don't leak.

As far as fridge vents go, they are only necessary for RV type fridges.  Many of us use household fridgs that don't require vents.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
gus

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2009, 01:16:42 PM »

All fridges vent heat, even electric household ones. This is nice in winter but not so good in summer.

However, an LP fridge needs an outside vent for CO safety which I'm sure everybody knows.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2009, 01:31:02 PM »

Ours is a Sears home type and we have never noticed any heat from it but then again I DO have it set on a angle with plenty of room behind it!

Ace

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: