Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 07:41:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW HERE and a question or two!  (Read 6127 times)
OneLapper

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2009, 06:52:28 PM »

Maybe we can donate some oem parts.  I have a fluid drive that is a spare.  Maybe someone has the correct fan?  Just a thought to help them out.  I'd hate to see them give up.  God knows I had huge issues with my 4106 when I first bought it!

Mark

OneLapper
1964 PD4106-2853
www.markdavia.com
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2009, 08:03:00 AM »

This is a bump, so Doug can read the rest of the posts on this thread...

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
viento1

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2009, 03:23:29 PM »

I have a complete fan and rad assembly from an mc5 - all yours if you can retrofit it, I will ship if for free.

Ok, it's time to go on another road trip.
www.randalclark.com
MC5
mom28sofar

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2009, 08:51:46 PM »

wow, I am so humbled by the sense of community here! Thank you guys and wives for your encouragement and generosity!  Doug has posted a major update also but I do want to say that we are now at home safely( thanks be to God) and we are now just trying to figure out what step to take next.  As Doug posted, he has emailed the seller( an individual) and we are praying for the right outcome.  It has been a real learning experience and one that I am sure will prove helpful to others.

Doug and I are looking forward to meeting some of you ( or all ;o) ) at some point on our journey!

God Bless you all.
Jamie

PS. Mark and Viento thank  you for your offers. I told Doug to read these posts also.

RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2009, 11:10:47 PM »

I have a complete fan and rad assembly from an mc5 - all yours if you can retrofit it, I will ship if for free.

Viento -

Unfortunately, the MC-5 cooling fans and radiators are incompatible with the GMC 4106 design.

The MCI is a "T-drive", with the cooling blowers driven by a long belt from the crankshaft pulley to a compartment directly above the engine, with two radiators on each side of the coach.

The GMC, being a "V-drive", has the engine sitting sideways across the rear, with a single large radiator on the street side, with the fan being directly driven through the torus unit, no belts involved.

Generous offer, but sadly incompatible.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2009, 08:01:59 AM »

Don't throw them away tho! Sooner or later one of us other 5 owners will need them......hopefully not me anytime soon. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2009, 03:44:15 PM »

Thank you very much though for your generous offer.  Much appreciated.  I second the notion though that someone else will need it so just hold onto it.

Doug

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

Hoping for the open road someday in our PD4106-1035!

Check out our family blog:  www.TheFergyFarm.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: