Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 10:37:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help chooseing a new Emergency road service.  (Read 4680 times)
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 09:23:20 AM »

I guess the question would be how often would a wheel fall off due to a bad or seized wheel bearing if the wheel bearing had been inspected and repacked on the specified schedule?

I suspect most of the time they are going to do the tow.  If your engine siezes how does anybody know it was lack of maintenance?

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 10:47:57 AM »

It would appear that Coach net can and does pay for what they feel is covered? I for one will not be relying on them should I have another breakdown.I am hearing lots of good things about Good Sam.

John
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 05:13:33 PM »

I've got oil bath bearings, what if unknown to me the seal fails.  I do check them every time I stop, but they could fail enroute.

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

Fredward

MC-5A #5401 8" roof raise 8V71 with MT647

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 07:55:31 PM »

I got a cut in the drivers side outside dual last summer somewhere on the interstate in Pennsylvania. Stopped at a rural campground for the night and called Good Sam. They dispatched a heavy truck service unit to put my spare on and take my tire/rim back to the shop. I stopped by the shop the next day (about40 miles away) and they had a new tire mounted and balanced ready to go. Of course I had to buy the tire.

Good Sam is Good to Me. I think its about $70.00. INterestingly they subcontract to someone else. I didn't have the presence of mind to ask the tire place who it was that issued them the Purchase Order but they had a Purchase Order number for putting on my spare for me.

Fred

Fred Thomson
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 08:29:28 PM »

It would appear that Coach net can and does pay for what they feel is covered? I for one will not be relying on them should I have another breakdown.I am hearing lots of good things about Good Sam.

You'll find folks who swear at or swear by any of the road service companies.

I coose to leave Good Sam after the first year because they said they couldn't find anyone to change a tire late in the day (It was still light out), but no problem finding someone in the morning.  It wasn't an issue for me to wait until morning, but I just thought the whole thing was silly.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 05:01:22 AM »

I think the ERS companys are like " Do you want a Ford or a Chevy"?  As mentioned some will passionately swear by one and swear at the others. Just pray to the bus God's that you dont need one!!

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 06:01:06 AM »

Opps, just to clarify I had Camping World Roadcare, not Good Sam.  It is really the same service since Good Sam and Camping World are both owned by Affinity.

The service is actually provided by a third party who just answers the phone differently based on which number you call.  Coach-Net has its own people answering the phones.

jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 01:11:55 PM »

ON occasion when I call for a mail delivery they ansewer Good Sam's in stead of American HOme Base.  I dont have Good Sam or belong to them. Good Sam just contracts the work out. There use to be a price disparity, not sure if Good Sam still charges more or not.  JIm

Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 07:53:43 PM »

Here is a link to the reason I went with Good Sam:

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=1527.msg12929#msg12929

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
fredcliff
Cliff Maus

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 02:58:10 PM »

I had AAA RV Plus for 6 years. I got a letter in the mail today stating that in reviewing my account they discovered in the last three years I had $4,600 in service calls and towing. Due to this I have exceeded my limit and they are restricting me to the "basic" account.   Well guess what I'm looking elsewhere AAA!!!
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2011, 07:53:00 PM »

I went with Coach Net this year after joining FMCA and getting a signup bonus. Going to try it out.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 06:05:53 AM »

Have used Coach Net for the jeep twice. Been very happy with them.  No junk mail every month from them like you get from Good Sam.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 06:10:43 AM »

I can't imagine why AAA might not want to renew service with you.  They've spent more than 10 times what you paid for the service.

I'm surprised my bus insurance hasn't been canceled or at least the full glass coverage.  I've hit a goose and had a rock strike that both required windshield replacements.  Each replacement was at least $2,000 because of the large amount of labor required.  I should change things so the windshields can be glued in like Ken Masters did.  My agent said my insurer probably wouldn't cancel my policy, but they might cancel my full glass coverage.

I have Coach-Net and haven't had to use them yet.  I had two incidents this year where I thought I might need to use them, but I was able to resolve both of them eventually.

Kubla

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 11:51:19 AM »

What kind of prices are we talking about for these services, I should buy one before I pick up my wanderlodge this weekend

1982 Blue Bird Wanderlodge FC35SB
Cincinnati, Ohio
skihor

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 03:41:46 PM »

What kind of prices are we talking about for these services, I should buy one before I pick up my wanderlodge this weekend
I vote Coach Net/FMCA. The one and only time I used them the service was outstanding. Plus the service guy told me the pay him within 10 days. Every time.

Don & Sheila
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: