Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 30, 2014, 11:12:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wrapping a bus  (Read 2967 times)
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 07:37:34 AM »

I don't know everything about how the THP does their thing.. However where the commercial use issue become cloudy is that the County Tag agency people seem to be rather lax at defining how a vehicle is actually used.

The case and point is up to interpretation by the THP officer in most cases.

If you follow the guideline: If it has a sign it's considered commercial and requires a commercial Tag ( H1 9,000 lbs ) even if it is a tiny car. I had my 14 Foot Box truck tagged as "personal" and they gave me a private tag ( $24.00 yr ).. When I went to renew my tag I asked the question of how they classed the differences.

If it has any signage it's commercial. If it doesn't it may be looked at as personal as long as it's not for hire and not used by a company or farm.

However.. Size may not matter to them but the size and use does matter to the Highway Patrol. It's wierd.

So just to be safe I went with a commercial ( H2 16,000 lbs ) tag and won't have a problem of improper interpretation. We do not have a Wheel Tax in the county or a premium Tax Fee so it's not too bad.

Otherwise Tennessee is much better for Tags and stuff than Florida has become.

Hey they don't need tags for small trailers here...( FREE! )...

Dave...

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 07:47:56 AM »

The lesson in here is "SEE IT IN PRINT"

From your own jurisdiction.

and you may be covered by town/municipal/county/region/state/province/federal all at the same time, all with slightly different wordings, some with multiple wording depending on the circumstance.

Do not take some nincompoop meter maid's word...when was it that they were empowered/educated/overseen to interpret the code/regulation/act/law? By meter maid, I mean the counter staff and their supervisor at the DMV or any law enforcement individual.

If interpretations are required, it takes a charge and a trial in the court house to get to the bottom of it. Everything else is the opinion of the face you are talking to, and that isn't their job.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: