Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 22, 2014, 05:19:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Decent electronic store  (Read 1424 times)
wrench

Ignore
« on: January 21, 2009, 06:29:33 AM »

I am trying to find an electronic store in fort myers area, I need a power mosfet  IRFZ44N,  radioshack don`t list it,   any one got a lead? (Would like to pick up in store my tech is home)
          wrench
Hobie

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 06:32:44 AM »

If you can wait a day or 2 for shipping, try DIGIKEY.com.  They'll have it.
boogiethecat

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 05:21:31 PM »

Hobie's right.  These days there's mostly only radio schlock, and they don't carry much of anything serious.  No-one does anymore because electronic components have gotten too varied and specialized for local stores to carry anything of substance.
Digikey is the quickest, always has stock of almost everything, and postal priority will get it to you in a couple of days inexpensively.

1962 Crown
San Diego, Ca
Nusa

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 06:27:47 PM »

http://www.meritelectronics.com/ is Ft Myers based, and claims to carry that part. I don't know if you can take personal delivery at their address, but you can always call and ask! Contact info is on the site.
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 07:02:20 AM »

I am trying to find an electronic store in fort myers area, I need a power mosfet  IRFZ44N,  radioshack don`t list it

I'm so old, I remember when Radio Shack had parts for radios, and when their staff knew the difference between resistors and capacitors.

But I also remember when MTV played music videos and VH1 played "video hits."
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 07:10:42 AM »

I'm not that old and even I remember when Radio Shack had a whole slew of electronics parts in the back of the store.  Now they have a cabinet with drawers full of parts if you are lucky.

I quit dealing with Radio Shack when they started dealing heavily in cellular phones.  The store in Downtown Minneapolis had huge lines to check out and 95% of the customers were buying cell phones or prepaid cards to refill their phones.

We still have one independent electronics store here in Minneapolis, but I have no idea how many electronics parts they carry anymore since they moved to the suburbs at least four or five years ago.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: