Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 17, 2014, 05:44:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus Models  (Read 5572 times)
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 10:51:12 AM »

Wait patiently, these will be available for busnut use in a few years:

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 11:02:29 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks this looks like a bug in a Pixar film . . ?

I have a friend who is thinking about buying a bus to convert, and his young daughter doesn't care what type of bus he gets as long as it has 'bunny ears' - bunny ears being her description of the type of mirrors fitted to buses nowadays. I think you are right though - in the case of the Plaxton Elite's front end the mirrors look more like an insect's antennae above the insect's head.

My bus incidentally has a 'bunny ear' on one side and a normal mirror on the other. That's how it was built, but it's definitely going to have a pair of ears by the time I'm finished with it.

Regarding the Plaxton Elite, I think the most interesting thing about it is the curved roof; a lot of modern truck trailers here now have roofs shaped like this, so presumably there are sound aerodynamic reasons for doing it.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 12:03:41 PM »

Wait patiently, these will be available for busnut use in a few years:

Even better, the articulated version:

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2009, 03:47:26 PM »

Keep in mind there is a price to paid for that smooth look.  I have a 1995 H class with the steel window frames.  I was able to put in Penninsula windows and mount them in the frames.  They look and work great, sliders on the bottoms of all 8 panels.  It does not look as cool as those smooth sided ones.  However after it painted I thinh kit will be fine.  Just look at Ace's (Blacksheep).  His H looks great and his also has the window frames.

I have a friend who has a later madel H class with the smooth window, and his only way of opening a window is to tilt them out.  difficult for screens, and airflow is not very good.  He immeidately put front to back awnings on both sides so he could keep his window in the shage while parked.  I think he appreciates the greater functionality of my older windows.

Those frameless window restrict what you can add for windows later - unless you have a very deep budget.  My 8 windows cost about $4500 including installation.  Double pane, reflective glass, with sliders and screens.

Just another  thought.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Airbag

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2009, 04:07:13 PM »

I think that is great you are in the market for a bus. You are among a select few that can part with a large sum of money right now. My bus is worth less than half of what I paid for it now. Wait another two or three months and you can buy a bus with a loaf of bread and a cup of coffee. Those fancy windows could be a reality. Good Luck
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: