Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 22, 2014, 08:33:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Using bus to transport or help sick/injured  (Read 2590 times)
VanTare

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 05:48:19 AM »

Fellows my insurance carrier has no problems I was told anybody in the coach was covered family, friends, or strangers sick or well 

Roger that group is named Angle Bus and they are from SD   

David
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 05:54:51 AM by VanTare » Logged
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 07:30:41 AM »

However, if you're worried about it, call the company and explain what you are doing.  If they have any problem with it, tell them that if you don't have a written rider in your hands within 5 business days, you will A), change carriers and B), go to the media to explain exactly WHY, that their company is all that is standing between you and people in need.

May I suggest holding off on part "A" and "B" of the above recommendation until after you have secured coverage elsewhere.
As too many self-converted coach owners have found, insurance companies offering full coverage are not lined up to serve our needs.
I ended up doing what BG6 recommended...to get insurance.  Changed farm, 3 cars, and truck after 40 years with State Farm.  No claims ever. 
They would not insure comp/collision on my conversion.  They would do liability.  Drove it 'bare' for a season. 
Consider your insurance situation carefully before dinking with the agent. 
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 08:32:18 AM »

Roger that group is named Angle Bus and they are from SD   

David

Interesting.  I friend of my owns his own plane and is actively involved in the Angel Flight organization.  About a year ago I attended a presentation about the fine work that they do.  It sure sounds like Angel Bus may be somehow connected.

I would like to do something like that, but my coach turns 50 this year and although she has been pretty reliable for me, I don't know that I would risk it in a critical situation. 

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: