Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 09:43:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus way over priced!  (Read 3181 times)
pickpaul
New Bus Not

New Bus Not

Ignore
« on: January 23, 2009, 03:13:16 PM »

I thought the price of this bus was a typo but it has been popping up online in several locations all with the same price of a quarter of a million bucks! In the description he mentions that he has over 300k invested which I can believe based on that gorgeous wood especially at the entrance to the bedroom. The hot tub is very nice too but surely he will need to get close to dropping a zero off the price if he ever hopes to sell it. What do you guys think?

http://www.onestopmotors.com/ad_details.aspx?ad_id=33488

Cheers, Paul.
cody

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 03:20:44 PM »

I would think they are very optomistic in what they think they will get.
Gary W

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 03:36:03 PM »

He had it on E-Bay last week for the same price, I think he is dreaming.

Gary
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 03:38:51 PM »

Its that Mahocony wood that makes it so valuable.  You don't see that stuff very often.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 03:50:13 PM »

I would think they are very optimistic in what they think they will get.

That sounds like a response from a politician.... Wink

Not on this planet....

Some have a hard time figuring out that if someone has, and wanted to spend that much on a conversion, they would almost never buy a nonprofessional conversion.

Its not that some have not achieved very similar quality, its just the type of buyer.

There not looking to fix ANYTHING, they want a warranty and a service center to go to with it.

We can all dream, but being a realist from the start saves a lot of disappointment.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Eagle78550
Above All... Eagle

93 Eagle 15-45

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 04:01:41 PM »

Like my Dad used to say ....." Yer gonna hafta find somebody that loves it more than you do " ...He was great ...And truth be known I never did find somebody ...so you settle for best offer and take the lumps ...just my .02
steve5B

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 04:12:30 PM »

Could it be to many zeros in the price!

Steve 5B......

WWW.WINNERSCHOICECORPORATION.COM

"It's all in the name the name says it all"
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 04:14:26 PM »

Could it be to many zeros in the price!   Steve 5B......

Steve,

Its been on a few different locations with the same price......Maybe needs a new proof reader....... Tongue

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
bobsw

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 08:31:11 PM »

Only if two fools meet.

73 MCI-7
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 08:57:35 PM »

Must be the retro 70s look,but still I don't car what church they got that confessional booth entrance from ,damn right for that dough it better have a life time warranty on everything Wink ,they must have fallen and hit their heads(twice)Have a nice week end  Kiss

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
BJ

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 09:40:13 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Where do I send my check to. Wink
Damn Yankee

Bob Shafer 1965 Mci-5A-6029 8v71 auto

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 08:16:45 AM »

LOL....If this guy can find someone that's smokin' the same stuff he is than maybe....but probably a typo

BG6

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 08:57:33 AM »

I thought the price of this bus was a typo but it has been popping up online in several locations all with the same price of a quarter of a million bucks! In the description he mentions that he has over 300k invested which I can believe based on that gorgeous wood especially at the entrance to the bedroom. The hot tub is very nice too but surely he will need to get close to dropping a zero off the price if he ever hopes to sell it. What do you guys think?

For some reason the pics didn't load for me, so I'll have to take your word for how the thing looks.  However, look at the whole ad and the mystery is largely answered.

The thing is located in the Palm Springs area, where incomes tend to be higher and there are a LOT of converted coaches.  If the thing is in good overall condition, and the woodwork is mahogany (that the heck is MAHOCONY???), chances are that's one of those "4,000 man-hour" conversions that have been discussed recently, and he's overly aware of his costs while comparing it to other coaches in town.  It doesn't matter that it's 36 years old and an MCI if it looks as good as the 20-year-old Prevost from down the street that just sold for $300K.

This is one of the problems with setting a value on a coach conversion -- there is no baseline to start with.  Coach shells range in price from scrap value up (waaaayyy up!), and most conversions are one-off, so there is no way to compare them.  I got my 4903 shell at a very good price, but how to compare it to an MCI that is, say, 15 years younger?  And that's just the SHELL, now get out the pencil sharpener and figure the relative value of the conversion layout, the components and the workmanship.

Is this guy's coach "way over priced"?  As far as I'm concerned, it sure is, because mine is costing a whole lot less for everything I need and nearly everything I want (but then, I don't want "Mahocony").  But for the guy who has been looking at $350K rigs all month, $280K would certainly be worth considering, for a fancy coach that he can move into today.

BG6

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 08:59:16 AM »

LOL....If this guy can find someone that's smokin' the same stuff he is than maybe....but probably a typo

He IS in Palm Springs.  Isn't that the town where SONNY BONO was mayor . . ?

Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 09:06:23 AM »

I see some calling this guy a fool Embarrassed If he can get the price he wants whose the fool. I would not pay that for any coach as I do not have $280,000.00 to spend. Give the guy a break.

My thoughts
John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: