Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 10:11:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus way over priced!  (Read 3016 times)
4905 doc

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 09:12:28 AM »

An old friend of mine had a saying. "there's an @$# for every seat" More power to him should he find said @$# er I mean buyer
cody

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 09:31:20 AM »

I was chided mildly for using the term "overly optomistic" lol in my thoughts as to the price range of the bus, I think it's very much over priced for what I would pay but the cost is still relevent to many factors, none of which I saw addressed in the short description offered.  One example is a gun cabinet I built for an attorney in chicago many years ago, the cabinet came complete with a hidden compartment that concealed a very valuable collection of revolvers, for all other purposes it looked like a normal gun cabinet made out of solid rosewood but had many hidden features, in 1978 a hardwood gun cabinet would sell for in the area of 350 to 500 dollars, that one sold for 4500.  It resold at an auction a couple of years ago for 15K, really surprised me so I never try to use a set pattern of pricing on anything anymore, anything is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it, a seller can optomistically price in any range he wants but he still has to find a buyer that feels it's worth it too.
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 09:48:30 AM »

I think it's very much over priced for what I would pay

And there is the bottom-line answer.

A sale takes place when the buyer is willing to pay what the seller is willing to accept.  That amount is the true value of the item, considering time, place and condition.  For the rest of us to say that it is or is not a good price really means nothing.  If you think the price is too high, make a lower offer or just don't buy it. 

I watched a friend lose thousands of dollars when he was selling a boat because he refused an offer the first week it was listed.  The buyer found a better hull at the price he could pay, and my friend had to pay slip fees for months waiting for another offer, and the only one which came along was lower than the one he had refused.

The same thing is happening in the RV market, and thus affects coach conversions, too, but only in the low- and mid-range.  The people who are going to drop a million bucks on a Prevost don't much care that the price of fuel has gone up or down.

One of three things is going to happen.  He's going to find a buyer in that price range, he's going to drop the price, or he's going to keep the coach.
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2009, 01:49:01 PM »

It appears that he did not research the market before listing. If he gets it good for him, but this makes the seller look foolish simply by not knowing more about his bus and the market.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
gus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2009, 02:20:03 PM »

I wouldn't even think about spending that kind of money for any RV even if I had it! But, for a lot of people, that is pocket change, especially around Palm Springs.

I have less invested in my 4104 than most people have in the toads they drag behind their humongous S&S.

It all depends on from where you are looking.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2009, 03:21:30 PM »

If he gets it... Nobody will be making fun and we'll be thinking about what our own might go for....!

Don't be discouraging him!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2009, 07:22:40 PM »

One can't really say for sure that he will not get what he wants for it (see PT Barnum), but you can say that it is way overpriced.  Considering the amount of bus expertise on this site, I would say that several here can give pretty accurate good and bad market prices for a given conversion.  Even for a good market, that is way out of line.  It doesn't even matter if he did spend 300k on the woodwork and other secrets.  That's like building a mansion in a slum; the neighborhood significantly devalues the property.  It's a 36 year old MCI.  The main question if it had a gold toilet would be, "does it flush."  By the way, Palm Springs is not all that ritzy anyway.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2009, 08:04:22 PM »

He doesn't show the entrance, probably bad first impression, I bet it is a bare to get in and out of Wink, speaking of bare, he coulda showed some more of the picture in the back room Grin

doesn't seem to fit the price range i think,  good luck to him

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2009, 09:12:47 PM »

Considering the amount of bus expertise on this site, I would say that several here can give pretty accurate good and bad market prices for a given conversion.

Lin hits the home run.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2009, 10:03:25 PM »

That painting over the bed must be a Renoir - very easy to figure the value, 250K for the Renoir and 30k for the "frame" - FWIW

BG6 - there aren't too many people plopping down a million on a Prevost currently - I went to the RV show in Tampa for the first time in years - Last time I was there they had a handful of Prevost's - this time there must have been over 2 dozen -  The Mfrs. have all scaled down - Featherlite even sold their sales facility in Sanford and closed the rest - they  now operate out of the factory - they're now like gypsies and have taken their shows on the road - I did get to view the 2.5 million H3 - sadly it wasn't - the sales mgr. Rick (I think) Mueller said my bus might become a collectors item - I was kind of excited until I realized he thought I had one of the four series 60's - I didn't have the heart to tell him differently as he appeared excited hearing about it - But I do agree, the falling stock/bond markets have had more of an affect on sales than the price of fuel - FWIW

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: