Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 05:09:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Use of 40 Psi Air supply  (Read 1471 times)
eaglekelly

Ignore
« on: January 23, 2009, 05:33:20 PM »

While looking for an air leak I found a 40 lb. regulator on the side of the air tank in between the front wheels. It is leaking around the adjusting knob. The line coming out of it is going into the body just under the steps. I'm wondering if it had something to do with the doors or maybe the wipers. There are only 2 small lines attached to this tank and I'm wondering if I can do without this circuit. The bus is a 1969 Eagle.

Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 09:50:21 PM »

I am NOT an knowledgeable Eagle man however if you can shows photo of the subject so others may help you.

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald

Sorry for not putting the word "NOT" to clarify correctly in my sentence.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 04:23:22 AM by Sojourner » Logged

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
compedgemarine

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 06:37:16 AM »

my eagle is an 81 Model 10 and the only regulated air that was on it was for the OTR a/c. everything else is at full pressure including the door. mine does not have an air step so not sure there. also the regulator is on the drivers side lower compartment with the air switches and such. if it is on the tank itself is it possible that it was added by a PO. I wouldnt think that Eagle would put an adjustable regulator in a place that is almost impossible to reach.
steve
blue_goose

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 06:47:26 AM »

Could it have been used for a air seat?
Jack

Data used in this document is made from 100% recycled electrons and magnetic particles. No electrons were harmed in the creation of this document.
eaglekelly

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 05:01:35 PM »

Here is a picture of the tank located between the front wheels. A small line comes out of the regulator and goes into the body behind the front steps. Another small line enters the front of the tank through a tee; the other side of which has been caped off. Thanks for your help.
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 07:10:42 PM »

That is not so small a line.

Do not discount what might be supplied, or was supplied on the other end, this may be a major component.

I'm not Eagle centric...so I'm not much good for specifics.

That looks like a pressure protection valve, not a regulator.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 03:12:35 AM »

The door and wiper circuit comes from my accessory tank which is located under the driver seat, next to the driver tool area, my air supply for my seat also comes from there. It looks like the PO added something, maybe for an air step, dunno. Kinda strange as you describe it being on the front tank which is for the front brakes.

Doesn't look like a regulator either, I agree with BW on this one.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 04:50:39 AM »

Thank you eaglekelly for that photo to clarify your question in a quick matter.

Yes as what others have said..it not a regulator which has no large diameter housing within.

It does look like pressure protection valve that keep this air supply (tank) from going under the adjusted pressure setting. Check your Eagle manual for spec. Example...some are set at 65 psi to stop air flow to wherever that line go to.

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald

BTW...I corrected my previous post to clarify my meaning.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 04:53:23 AM by Sojourner » Logged

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 07:08:20 AM »

I am not an Eagle man (okay okay, I do spotted Eagles pretty well Grin Cheesy Grin...I am so sorry I just couldn't resist. I love the spotted Eagle thing.)

Anyways, that does look like pressure protection valve. We have a truckload of those on our MCI DL3. It does look like it would be something significant. It also looks factory. I don't think that it was aftermarket.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
VanTare

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 07:34:59 AM »

That could be for the air powered windshield washers my Newell 15 years ago had one for that purpose I bypassed it one time with a 120# of air big mistake on my part 

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: