Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 12:03:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 of 2 batteries shorts out?  (Read 778 times)
ttomas

Ignore
« on: January 24, 2009, 06:06:52 PM »

Hi Folks, it been a while since I have been here on this forum. Greetings to all.
I am having a problem with one of my batteries shorting out and or charging backwards. It happens when I sit for a while. One month will do
 I use two d-8 with a vanner equalizer.
 I have a switch that ties my house batteries to the 24 volt bus batteries and use the vanner as a connection point. This serves to charge the house batteries on the road and keeps my bus batteries charged via my converter when parked.
Only one goes bad. it is not the one connected to the vanner.
Is my vanner possibly faulty? If so how could I check it. Any other thoughts?
Thanks  tomas

Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 07:24:57 PM »

Are you saying that this repeatedly happens with one battery?  If so, how many times?

You don't have to believe everything you think.
ttomas

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 08:54:44 PM »

It has happened twice, each time it was a new battery.  I changed the second one out today. The first time I drove from Kentucky to San Antonio and parked for 45 days. This time I drove out to California and have been parked since October.  I have had the same setup for over a year before it first happened.
Tomas

buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 10:45:21 PM »

We need a schematic of how you have the system wired in order to be at least close with out theorizing.

How is all this wired together? How about some digital photos?

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: