Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 18, 2014, 12:43:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Libby/update  (Read 27447 times)
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2009, 05:52:37 AM »

Hi Cody: If it is at all possible for you to stay with Libby, it really would help her regain her health much quicker. She will feel much better if you can be with her. It will be by far the best "medicine" for her right now. I hope this will be possible. Ask the hospital if there is any place you can stay, even if she will need a private room. They will use a recliner chair or cot for you to rest on. Please check this out.
Gerald and Lynette

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
redbus

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2009, 06:16:30 AM »

Cody, only you know how much your body can take with your limitations. Yes, Libby needs you but she needs you to be well. It wouldn't help if you too were to become sick. You are both in our thoughts and prayers.

Terry
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, Believe in them, and try to follow them." ~Louisa May Alcott~
www.awayweare.blogspot.com/
cody

« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2009, 07:08:11 AM »

It's not possible for me to stay in her room, her room in intensive care is packed with equipment and there is no room for a cot or anything like that, intensive care closes from 7AM to 10AM and again from 3PM to 5PM, and all visitors have to leave for that time frame.  They do have 2 rooms that the hospital keeps for family members of patients but those rooms have a long waiting list and are almost impossible to get.  Driving back and forth is inconvienent but it's about all I can do now.  The bus possibly could be gotten into a parking lot but most of them would be very hard to manuver in and I'd have to spend some time putting the bus back together cause the exhaust gasket still needs to be replaced and I kinda tore it up inside to do some work along with that.  If they could tell me for sure that she would be in there for several weeks I'd work harder at getting the bus ready to use but if it's only going to be a week or two of intensive care then i'll have to drive it daily.  Right now I feel good enough to drive but what all I have to do to take the bus is just beyond what I can do.
cody

« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2009, 10:18:30 AM »

I just called to get an update on libby, we can't go today cause it's storming pretty bad here.  She had a very rough nite but is resting somewhat now, the nurse said that it'll be like this for a while yet, 2 steps forward and one step back but she is still fighting and thats a good thing, I talked to the nurse about how I can make her more comfortable when she can come home, things like putting a bed in the living room, she won't be able to climb the stairs for a while so I thought that would help but the nurse told me to not get too involved in anything like that until we know more and she starts to show actual signs of improvement. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2009, 10:35:43 AM »

Hi Cody,
I just want you to know we're still here, and hanging on every word regarding your Libby.  Sounds like she is having to fight for every step of improvement.  Thanks for all the updates.  When our responses are slow, don't think we aren't following your reports.  Speaking for myself, sometimes I just don't know the words to say.  God has a way of making us feel helpless sometimes.  I guess it reminds us of who's in control...

Well, just know that all your friends here are pullin' for you and Libby.
Dennis 

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2009, 10:44:01 AM »

Cody,
I haven't responded earlier because I just can't find the words.  Just know that I care and I'm thinking of you.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: February 01, 2009, 10:56:33 AM »

"and hanging on every word regarding your Libby. "
Just could not have been said better.
Every time I log on I check for Libby/Cody updates.
Lots of Prayers going notrth there buddy!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
RickB

81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2009, 11:11:50 AM »

Cody,

Could Lea and I put you up in a hotel near the hospital for a couple nights.

We would be grateful to help.

Let me know.

All I need is the hotel name and their number. I'll take care of it from there.

May you be filled with as much peace as possible in the midst of this turmoil.

Rick

I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.
trailblazer2
1999 Thomas Saftliner MVP

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2009, 11:35:22 AM »

Cody;
 We just wanted to say( along with our other members) ,that you all are still in our prayers,and thoughts.You are going to come out on the winning side,just keep looking up!
Bill & Phyllis

"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston
cody

« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2009, 11:38:20 AM »

I appreciate the offers but right now I just can't do it, so much going on up here that I have to deal with. 
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2009, 12:00:25 PM »

Cody,
   As was already mentioned by others, I don't post on this thread every day, because I just don't know what to say, but rest assured, you & Libby are in our prayers every day. I check this thread several times every day, just to see if there is any new updates on Libby.  I wish there was something I could say to help that feeling of helplessness that I know you are feeling.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
eddieboy

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2009, 04:53:25 PM »

Cody, I have not been on the site but a few months, but I feel I need to add my prayers to the list of other members.  I don't know what your religious beliefs are but I want to relate a story to you.  My best friend Tom has lung trouble, stemming from Agent Orange from his days in Viet Nam.  In March of 2007, he was in the hospital for over a month.  One night I went to see him and it was as if he wasn't there.  Had that look in his eyes of emptiness.  The doctors gave him less than 2 weeks to live.  The next day he was in for a cleaning of his lungs(lavage?), put on a vent and basically, the doctors gave up.  Our Chaplain from the American Legion used his credentials to get in and pray over him.  The doctors encouraged this.  I went to see him 2 days later and he was back up in bed, eating on his own.  Today, he is still progressing and uses a portable liquid oxygen tank.  All that to say this.  God has a plan for everybody.  HIS plan here may be to bring you and Libby closer to Himself.  Obviously I can't know what it is, but I strongly believe in the power of prayer, as it sounds like many of your bussing friends do.  I will ask some of my other friends here to also send up some prayers.  Miracles do happen.  Take care.  Ed

Ed Spohr/1962 PD4106/8V71/4Speed/Zion,Ill/Far North East Corner of Illinois
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2009, 06:35:40 PM »

I hadn't thought about this until I read Ed's post. 

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpost.php?s=6c88bfeb777fdc3ae4eede263768fb35&p=424153&postcount=5

You can get more by Googling "dan oreilly miracle man"

I'm going to be skiing with Dan in two weeks (and drinking scotch with him in the evenings too) but I can remember 3 years ago talking to his brother Mark in Houston.  At that time the Doctors were telling him "you need to start thinking about organ donation because what you see is as good as its going to get".  Leaving aside the obvious brotherly cracks about how Dan wasn't that smart to begin with and therefore didn't really have much brain to be damaged, his recovery - his very life - is nothing short of a miracle.  There are many things in this world that pass our feeble understanding.  Hang in there.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2009, 07:14:33 PM »

Cody,

I am still praying. I just don't know what to say...Just that I pray that she does better.

Praying for both of you...

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: February 01, 2009, 08:03:09 PM »

Maybe this is asking a lot but, if someone lives near maybe they could bring their bus to the hospital parking lot so Cody could use it each night if the hospital would allow that.

WvaNative

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: