Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 04:50:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Libby/update  (Read 29963 times)
mc8 tin tent

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2009, 08:19:19 PM »

Cody

I'm sure you know you and Libby are in the thoughts and prayers of your bus nut family always!!!!!!!!!!!

We none want to be anything but supportive for you both, please don't hesitate to ask for help!

KNOW YOU ARE IN OUR PRAYERS

Dwayne
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: February 01, 2009, 08:29:30 PM »

Maybe this is asking a lot but, if someone lives near maybe they could bring their bus to the hospital parking lot so Cody could use it each night if the hospital would allow that.

WvaNative

Maybe bus, or, camper, motorhome, or make Cody a guest in a Saginaw (?)  or someone nearby's home?    
Libby is going to be recovering for a long time...months at best.  These things don't resolve suddenly.  
Cody, if you have any unanswered, or unsatisfactory answers related to Libby's treatment and care, let me know and I'll try to help with information.  If I don't have an answer for you, Terri will.  
I don't know how patients families maintain their mental health when they are involved with the healthcare industry.   I've been involved as an RN and Paramedic, and Terri still is..she teaches.  It's nuts!
The care in the US is remarkable, but the loss of control, especially for the men of family members, is hard to comprehend until you've been there.  
I'm at njt5047@yahoo.com or 704 650 0235
Thinking about you and Libby!  JR and Terri  

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
cody

« Reply #122 on: February 02, 2009, 05:19:50 AM »

I'm going to head down to see libby later this morning, but your right, her recovery will take months, it'll be slow with setbacks but slow progress is better than no progress.  The main thing is if she can recover, I don't expect her to be able to reach her past level of evil, it took years to perfect that.  I remember that unfortunate Hansel and Gretal incident, wow, did the townspeople get upset. the angry crowds, the torches and pitchforks were scary. lol  Today I have to meet with the doctor in regard to modifications to the house that will make it easier for her, possibly a bed in the living room so that she doesn't have to climb the stairs, maybe even treat her to a handrail on the stairs so when she can climb them she'll be able to hang onto something.  Looks like I'll have plenty of lead in time to do these things, things like hand rails for the bathtub, stuff like that. 
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: February 02, 2009, 06:05:56 AM »

Cody,

Still praying...

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
cody

« Reply #124 on: February 02, 2009, 06:13:43 AM »

I've been asked if libby can recieve cards, I think she can, the address is Alice Clishe,,,,, Room 613,,,,Marquette General Hospital,,, 580W College,, Marquette, Michigan 49855.  She is pretty much out of it right now but I could read them to her and I think she'd like that.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:39:22 AM by cody » Logged
cody

« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2009, 10:43:00 AM »

Just got a call from the hospital, libby has been moved to room 613, thats the cardiac ICU, she had some problems but she is stable for now, this ICU unit is more geared to the cardiac patient and it has a cath lab and other stuff that she may need, the doctor said it's a precaution they felt was needed cause of some cardiac concerns she went thru today, don't you just love the way they find words to use that sound so neutral.  I changed the room number on her address post.
John316

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2009, 10:54:46 AM »

Thanks for the update Cody. I am still praying.

God bless,

John

white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2009, 07:46:19 PM »

cody and libby,

jack and paula mentioned the problems you were experiencing yesterday and i made time to get on today to read this.  Considering Libby's jumping around pushing you last year in Arcadia, this downturn is really unexpected and we are sorry to hear she's having to fight this stuff.  We really are praying for a speedy recovery so that she can get back to badgering you to get the bus finished.

Fran really is saddened to hear of the problems and we hope the cardiac unit can get libby's bluegrass beat back in rythym.  Libby needs to get better! 

call or write, tell us what we can do to help.  we are thinking of you both and adding positive thoughts to the karma and God's wishes.  May the force be with you.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
cody

« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2009, 09:30:07 AM »

Still to stormy to go to the hospital but today I got some good news about libby, she has been reclassed to critical care from intensive care, this means that she has a phone lol. She may have turned a corner and is somewhat better, she is off the ventilator and can talk a little but tires out easily.  This to me is a great thing but the doctors are cautioning me about reading too much into it, we'll see, she is one tough old bird.
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2009, 09:34:47 AM »

Wow..that news made my day! Hang in there Cody...

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2009, 09:40:04 AM »

That is great news!  We are all rejoicing with you Cody!  Indeed she still needs lots of prayer and medical care, but this does sound like wonderful progress.
Peabody

Bus wannabe,Gillig chassis,3208 cat

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2009, 09:52:42 AM »

Wow! Great news  Cheesy, yes she may have along ways to go but she is headed in the right direction.I'll keep praying for her quick recovery. Hugs  Peabody

Enjoy Life...This is not a rehearsal!
Want to make God laugh?        Make plans
John316

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2009, 11:35:04 AM »

Cody,

That is great!!! Praise the Lord!!! That sounds like some great improvement.

I am still praying for both of you.

Thanks for the updates. I look forward to them.

God bless,

John

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2009, 12:02:47 PM »

Cody,
    That is GREAT news!!!.  We will keep both of ya'll in our prayers.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2009, 12:26:42 PM »

That is indeed good news!   They would not have removed Libby from the vent had they not seen measurable improvement. 
Good luck Cody!  JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: