Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 01:08:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Libby/update  (Read 29536 times)
Old4103

« Reply #150 on: February 05, 2009, 08:48:47 AM »

Cody,

IT's great to hear that the little lady is coming home to roost, ........... But...........

I assume Jamie is going to do the cooking while Libby is in her delicate condition?

Ummmm, is this really a wise choice? or will you be going to the connivance store a couple of three times a day to get her some life sustaining nourishment?

(Sorry Jamie, I just couldn't resist!)    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Wink

Dallas
skipn

« Reply #151 on: February 05, 2009, 09:15:34 AM »

Great I think?

Ok now knowing how hospitals gloss over the "what the to does are" here are some things to consider.
   (my mom lost one kidney and the other is at diminished capacity almost 45 years now)

they say reduced or no salt.............that is a lot tougher than one thinks.
 (Mommas treat is potato chips  1 or 2 a day too many and she puffs up like a ballon)
   NOT kidding on that one

Most preprocessed foods are high in sodium  (hamberger helper is a definte no no)
   So get used to reading labels (a lot of times reduced sodium items will still be too much)
   cooking from scratch is the safest route (then you know for sure)

coffee or tee bad  warm water and cranberry juice good.

Just a few tips

We're pulling for you both
  Skip
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: February 05, 2009, 09:33:18 AM »

Wow, that's awesome..Now I guess your bachelor days are over..lol. So glad she's home. No better place to be !

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: February 05, 2009, 11:09:30 AM »

So glad to hear that Libby is home with special care.

Yes prayer works with doctors and nurses as well patient. After all it was the Lord that is in control 24/7. However He want us to ask Him for His help and guideness. Otherwise, He let everyone choose His or their choice of life style while on earth.

I will keep Cody and Libby in the prayer list.

Gerald & Lynette

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: February 05, 2009, 03:36:26 PM »

What great news cody, I am so happy for you and Libby.

Dean

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
Cary and Don

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: February 05, 2009, 04:01:01 PM »

So glad things are going well.

One reason they may have sent her home was to avoid her from catching something else in the hospital.  They are germ factories.  The other is the money.  They tried to send Don home on the third day after a surgery they said he would be in there for a week.  I refused to take him.  He got one more day. He wasn't any where as ill as Libby.

Did they ever decided if it was a medication problem?  If it was, doesn't mean it was the doctor's fault.  They can't know about every interaction.  That is up to the pharmacy, and if it was a new medication, maybe nobody knew about it yet.  An investigation into what happened is warranted, if for no other reason, than to avoid it in the future.

Don and Cary
GMC4107
Neoplan AN340

1973 05 Eagle
Neoplan AN340
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: February 05, 2009, 05:34:47 PM »

Great news indeed! Now you'll be busy again with all the honey do lists!!!

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: February 06, 2009, 07:29:23 AM »

Well Cody, now the real work begins!   
You get Libby a little bell so that any time she needs something, she can immediately get your attention.   Wink
Glad to hear she's back with you!   Libby will convalesce better at home than in a hospital.   Y'll can get back to normal rythm.
Is Libby's renal system working well enough to avoid dialysis?
As someone mentioned, Libby's discharge instructions will include a recommended diet.  It's very important that you don't 'fudge' on the diet.  She might be extremely sensitive to salt (sodium) and potassium intake.
Another important, but often overlooked discharge instruction relates to activity.  Whatever levels of activity is permitted, get her up and going.  Within the parameters set by the docs.  Lots of folk will lie around and waste away.  Watch for that mindset...let Libby do anything that she can do for herself.   The home-health aid (CNA/RNA) and nurse (RN) will offer all sorts of advice and assistance.  Make notes so you can get all your questions answered.  If you don't like an answer or feel like you need more info, call Libby's doctor. 
Cody, if LIbby is ambulatory, be careful with small rugs and any trip hazards in your home.  Libby will be wobbly for a bit.  Be careful and don't hurt yourself pulling or whatever.  Get help if you need when getting Libby up. 
Alas I preach... Wink
Good luck, JR

« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 06:14:07 PM by NJT5047 » Logged

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Peabody

Bus wannabe,Gillig chassis,3208 cat

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: February 06, 2009, 02:29:08 PM »

Cody,
Keep up that great attitude,in times of stress like this is there is no better way to handle it but with humor.It will be good for Libby to be home, she will feel more at ease and should heal faster.I'm keeping you  and Libby in my prayers. Hugs Peabody

Enjoy Life...This is not a rehearsal!
Want to make God laugh?        Make plans
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: February 06, 2009, 03:00:59 PM »

They ran me out of the hospital because of the chance of infections
increasing. Plus the tab was already over $180k .. Said I had a better chance
of surviving at home with home health nurses a few days a week.
Here it is coming up on a year and I still haven't healed up yet. Takes a long time.

Cody,
 Hang in there... Getting well is a time consuming thing...
Hope & Pray for you guys....

Dave...

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
cody

« Reply #160 on: February 06, 2009, 03:15:36 PM »

Yep dave, I know about that, libby's tab is 217K, kinda nasty but just a number tho a big number, the thing I got a kick out of was the business office asking me if I prefered visa or mastercard, and nope they don't give green stamps.  I also know about the long healing process, I'm still deep within the healing process from my heart attack last summer.  I liked their easy payment plan, they offered me one that would involve me paying 172 bucks a month for 105 years, sure, I'd be a little old when it was paid off but would give me a goal to live for lol.  Are we having fun yet? lol, libby is doing ok, she is weak but happy to be home.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: February 06, 2009, 04:44:05 PM »

Cody, I am glad that she is back. I will still be praying for you all.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
cody

« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2009, 05:44:40 AM »

Thought I'd do an update on libby, she is still very weak and each day is a struggle, she has a complete moron for a home nursing person, me lol, but I'm doing my best lol.  The home nursing company backed out of the equation when they found out she doesn't have coverage.  Her lungs are heavily damaged by the pnemonia and we don't know what kind of recovery she will have for them but I'm hopefull she'll be ok, her kidneys are also posing a problem, one is virtually shut down and the other is only working at enough of a percentage to keep her going without dialysis, her heart attack wasn't severe and she seems to be doing fairly well from that aspect but it'll be a long uphill crawl for her, the doctor said she would be a different person when she came home, I was hoping for jennifer lopez but that didn't work out lol.  It'll be a day by day thing for a long time I think, but so far, we are dealing with the fun things that come up each day.
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2009, 05:53:02 AM »

Thought I'd do an update on libby, she is still very weak and each day is a struggle, she has a complete moron for a home nursing person, me

Cody, at least you are complete!  Grin  For us we do see that you completely love her and are happy to care for her and that is what counts.

Maybe you didn't get Jennifer Lopez yet but is she at least George Lopez?

Give her a hug from D and I and keep some hug for yourself!  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2009, 06:09:00 AM »

Cody,

I don't know what your personal situation is, financial or otherwise, but I very strongly urge you to get help.  You cannot do this alone, and while you have tons of moral support from your friends here, that doesn't help much when you are the sole caregiver.  It will beat you down and very soon will affect your own health.

Find an advocate, beat on the social service agencies, there is help out there but it won't come to you.

I know that this advice probably goes against everything you have believed all your life, as it does most of us here, but please don't let pride get in the way of asking for help.

We are pulling for you.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: