Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 01:27:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Libby/update  (Read 29601 times)
cody

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2009, 07:06:54 AM »

I just called and got an update from her nurse, she rested ok thru the night and is awake and responding to questions, they are still monitoring her closely but the reason for the transfer to the regional is what may become a need for access to dialysis, the local hospital doesn't have that capability. They are limiting her calls and visitors so she can rest, but her kidney function is starting to improve somewhat, she still has pneumonia and it has spread to her other lung now but they are treating it. She is still very weak and far from out of the woods but even slight improvement is a major leap in the right direction.  During the night her potassium levels spiked from 1.8 to over 6 but they are treating that and I don't know yet what that means but they said there will be setbacks here and there and they are working on it all.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2009, 07:29:05 AM »

Cody,
    Glad to hear there is some improvement. At least she is going in the right direction.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2009, 07:33:25 AM »

Cody,

Thanks for the update. I look forward to seeing each update. I am glad that there has been some improvement. I know how great it is to hear of each little improvement, when a loved one is ill. Keep up your great attitude, because I know that you will probably be looking to the future with some degree of uncertainty.

Still praying,

God bless,

John   

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
junkman42

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2009, 08:29:35 AM »

Cody, both Myself and the Wife have You and Libby in our prayers.  Please take care of Yourself so that You can be there for Libby.  John and Karla
Stormcloud
FMCA#407220

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2009, 08:58:28 AM »

Hi, Cody:

Any good news is still good news. We wish the best for Libby and you.
We'll chat later.

Mark

Mark Morgan    near Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
1972 MCI-7     'PapaBus'  8v-71N MT654 Automatic
Greg Roberts

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2009, 09:05:08 AM »

Well this is encouraging to hear and is going in the right direction. Hang in there Cody and let us know if you need anything in particular. - Greg

Check out my Eagle 20 here: http://photobucket.com/GregRobertsEagle20
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2009, 09:13:35 AM »

It sounds like the prayers are working and the docs are doing the right things.  We'll keep it up, they'll keep it up, and she'll be back home keeping you in line in no time.
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2009, 09:31:46 AM »

That's good news that Libby's kidneys are perking up.  Any definitive information on what what caused the insult?   You mentioned meds? 
FWIW, potassium (K+) is excreted by the kidneys.  If the renal system shuts down,  K+ builds and will eventually cause an irregular heartbeat.   Dialysis will solve the immediate K+ problem.   Controlling intake will manage the long-term issue.  They've got portable dialysis machines that they'll move right into her room.   
Kidneys can be seriously damaged yet usually return to function adequately.  Even less than 50% of normal renal function allows for a quite normal life. 
Be prepared for good news..and not so good news.  Recovery from major illness may take two steps forward and one step back.  We'll pray that Libby keeps those one step gains!       
Take care, and keep the good news posts coming!  JR

« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 09:33:22 AM by NJT5047 » Logged

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2009, 09:32:41 AM »

AMEN! Cody We're still praying.

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2009, 09:38:29 AM »

Great news Cody!

I am still praying few times a day so far.

Yes...the good Lord can guide doctors and nurses to get whatever Libby needs are from our prayers.

Praying from our heart is powerful.

Thank you Cody for the update.

Take care, Gerald & Lynette

BTW...Thank you JR for your information in regard to "If the renal system shuts down,  K+ builds....."
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 09:43:41 AM by Sojourner » Logged

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2009, 04:38:38 PM »

Cody,

Thanks for keepting us all informed of your wife's progress! It means a lot that you keep us updated on her progess.

Take Care My Friend and Take Care of Yourself TO!

Still Praying for her complete recovery and strength for you.

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
cody

« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2009, 06:25:55 PM »

Libby's kidney function is up to 30% now so it is showing improvement and they are treating her pneumonia, she'll be in ICU for a while yet but is slowly coming around, one test shows that 2 to 3 days ago she had a mild heart attack, the echo gram, or something like that turned it up, also that she is slightly anemic. This is a kind a brief update cause I'm kinda pooed out today, I got home early today.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2009, 06:29:42 PM »

Cody,

That's great to hear that Libby is doing better. I pray that she will continue to improve. Thank-you so much for the update. They mean a lot to us. Get yourself some rest.

I am still praying.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2009, 06:30:56 PM »

Cody, we are so glad Libby is doing better. You both are in our prayers as she slowly gets stronger.

Dean
WVaNative

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2009, 06:39:05 PM »

Prayers coming from my direction also. Great news to hear of the improving situation. You sure have a lot of folks praying for you and Libby here. That alone says alot.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: