Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 06:35:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Libby/update  (Read 26325 times)
ol713

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2009, 07:25:00 PM »

Hi Cody;
      Just listening to the evening news and one of their ads sponsored
      by some lawyers, mentions renal failure.  This caught my attention
      because I am not sure what renal is.  The ad goes on to mention
      liver failure caused by medication taken prior to a cholenoscopie.
      Sounds like they are putting together a class action suite of
      some kind.  I can get more info if needed.  I can listen for the
      next ad to come on tv and get a phone number.
                                  Take care
                                           Merle.
cody

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2009, 07:44:29 PM »

I appreciate the heads up but I'm not much for that, I'm like cheney, I'd rather shoot the lawyers lol.
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2009, 07:49:33 PM »

Hi Cody;
      Just listening to the evening news and one of their ads sponsored
      by some lawyers, mentions renal failure.  This caught my attention
      because I am not sure what renal is.  The ad goes on to mention
      liver failure caused by medication taken prior to a cholenoscopie.
      Sounds like they are putting together a class action suite of
      some kind.  I can get more info if needed.  I can listen for the
      next ad to come on tv and get a phone number.
                                  Take care
                                           Merle.

Fleets Phospho Soda is what you're describing.  Unless Libby had a recent colonoscopy, this wouldn't be the source of her renal failure.  The product wasn't harmful to healthy patients, if the patient drank the recommended fluids.  The stuff made most people nauseated which equaled less than desirable fluid intake....dehydration plus a sodium load could be a big problem.  Electrolytes got out of balance.  Almost any electrolyte imbalance will negatively affect the heart.  Any condition that reduces blood flow (renal perfusion) may damage the kidneys.    
Renal failure was a secondary outcome.  However, renal failure related to Fleets PhosphoS is rare.  Mostly folk that already had undiagnosed renal problems.  
Phospho Soda has been around for years without issues.  There are more people doing colonoscopies, and many are done in doctors offices these days which avoid the hospital charges.   The increased age and numbers of patients probably account for the slight increase in morbidity related to Phospho Soda.  
The product has been recalled.  
My opinion of lawyers that troll for these sorts of cases is not high.
Good to hear that Libby is improving!  
Best, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2009, 10:34:57 PM »

Thank you JR for the interesting Phospho Soda report.

Colonoscopy Prep

Praying for Libby and Cody

Gerald & Lynette

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2009, 11:05:47 PM »

Cody,

Stay away from those lawyers that advertise.  Very bad!  A lawyer is like a COP.  You really want to avoid any dealings with them but if you need one there is no substitute.  Somebody hurt you or yours?  Get a referral to a "good" lawyer from a friend that might know.  Mine was a real SOB, but he was MY SOB.  You are no match for almost anyone in a legal battle and you really don't even know if you are in one, most probably.  I do not advocate opportunistic and unscrupulous behavior but I have brought more than one careless and corrupt PRI#K to heal.  If you have a grievance with anyone you should try to reach an amicable solution without doing any of that repulsive legal stuff.....that is what my attorney always did on my behalf.....the easy way and the cost effective way.  What he got back was a letter with the closing suggestion that I seek legal remedy.  Sigh.....let the games begin.  Consult with an expert....always do that no matter the subject.

I drank with a group of attorneys for 10 years at least one cocktail hour a week.  They get a Bum Rap.  There were as many crooks in that group as any other group I have been a member of....except this group of Knuts, of course.

The proper weapon with which to shoot an attorney is a high calibre and decidedly unpleasant attorney of your choosing.

Stay safe Cody and know that I am praying for you as well as many others.  Be as kind to yourself as you can and know that that is what Libby wants.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
cody

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2009, 05:31:13 AM »

I believe that libbys condition was brought on by a series of medical events that turned against her, in this small town the doctors may not be wizards but they are also our friends and neighbors and I cannot believe that they would do anything to harm a person. If a mistake was made, thats exactly what it was, a mistake, doctors are human too and only God can know how a person would react when given a tryed and proven medication to a new person, I believe she is being cared for by good people, and now she is in a bigger hospital with access to more advanced equipment, I shake my head as I watch lawyers prowling the airwaves like a pack of sharks ready to prey on anyone with a side effect, while i believe that some lawyers are good people and doing a very real and necessary job, you never hear about them, they are too busy helping people out of a jam.  I haven't gotten any progress reports on libby yet this morning.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2009, 06:48:09 AM »

Cody,

I am still praying. It sounds like you have a great attitude about this...Keep it up. Just make sure that you are taking care of yourself!!! I am glad that you don't want to pursue the legal stuff.

Still praying.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2009, 07:51:11 AM »

Cody
I have been praying for you and Libby. I look forward to your updates. More people need to think like you. That legal stuff that John referred to is why our country is in the shape it is in now!

GOD BE WITH YOU

John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2009, 11:27:56 AM »

Cody,

Now is not a time to be even contemplating blame.  It is the wrong energy to be cultivating.  If such an issue exists, you will have time later to deal with it in a more cool, logical way.  Be positive, optimistic, and upbeat.  All that has happened or will happen is far beyond your control.  The problem with Faith is that it calls upon us to accept the hits, although we would much rather just have it apply to some sort of reward system.  There is something that I read once in the Koran that roughly said, "He that says, 'I'll see you tomorrow' without adding, 'God willing', is a fool.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
cody

« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2009, 01:49:29 PM »

At 2:45 libby misbehaved, she arrested, they worked on her and now she is doing ok but very weak.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2009, 01:59:45 PM »

Thanks for the update, Cody. I pray that Libby does better.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
skipn

« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2009, 02:03:21 PM »

Well now that they have rebooted her maybe she won't misbehave........And get well

Our prayers for you two

Skip
LarryN 4106

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2009, 02:03:53 PM »

I believe that libbys condition was brought on by a series of medical events that turned against her, in this small town the doctors may not be wizards but they are also our friends and neighbors and I cannot believe that they would do anything to harm a person. If a mistake was made, thats exactly what it was, a mistake, doctors are human too and only God can know how a person would react when given a tryed and proven medication to a new person, I believe she is being cared for by good people, and now she is in a bigger hospital with access to more advanced equipment, I shake my head as I watch lawyers prowling the airwaves like a pack of sharks ready to prey on anyone with a side effect, while i believe that some lawyers are good people and doing a very real and necessary job, you never hear about them, they are too busy helping people out of a jam.  I haven't gotten any progress reports on libby yet this morning.

Your attitude is very refreshing, Cody. I wish there were more with that notion. I pray for you AND Libby.
|@n

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2009, 03:16:06 PM »

Cody,

I'm very sorry to be this late to respond, but please know that you and Libby are in our prayers, as well. God bless.

Ian
cody

« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2009, 05:21:57 PM »

I just got home, they wouldn't let me visit for very long, she is very weak, they said there would be setbacks from time to time and this was a major one, I really don't know much but she went into respiritory distress and while they were trying to help her she coded, luckily the doctor was right beside her and the crash cart was only a few feet away, she is ok, she is getting good care but it's going to be touch and go for a bit longer I think. I'll keep updating as I can.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: