Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 17, 2014, 05:21:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wheel studs for 1983 MCI MC9  (Read 1441 times)
jeffacc

1983 MC9

Ignore
« on: June 27, 2006, 03:43:46 PM »

Need help finding a source for wheel studs for a 1983 MC9 NJT hub piloted. I will need longer studs for aluminum ALCOA rims IBP told me to get them from MCI so I called them and they wont have them until August if anyone has a source or a manufacture # I would be gratefull.
                                                                                         Thanks Jeff
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 03:52:42 PM »

Might check with Luke at US Coach 1-888-COACH34 or do what I am trying. I removed on of the studs and took it to a big truck parts store. I asked them if they could get me indentical studa 3/8" longer on the wheel part. I have to check with them tomorrow to see if they found any.  I will post the results here.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
LUKE at US COACH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 05:19:45 PM »

HI Jeff and Folks:

Yes, Jeff, we do have them in stock, and Thank you Jack for providing our toll free number.

Happy and SAFE!! Bussin' this Holiday weekend and always.

LUKE at US COACH
belfert

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 07:32:55 AM »

I thought MCI only had problems keeping stock on parts for the Dina coaches.  You would think a wheel stud for a 102A3 would be a common item.

The tie rods for my Dina were supposed to have been at MCI in mid May and they didn't show up until mid June.  Luckily, C&J got the part while my bus was still in the shop.

Brian Elfert
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 01:05:28 PM »

I thought MCI only had problems keeping stock on parts for the Dina coaches.  You would think a wheel stud for a 102A3 would be a common item.
The tie rods for my Dina were supposed to have been at MCI in mid May and they didn't show up until mid June.  Luckily, C&J got the part while my bus was still in the shop.
Brian Elfert

Brian I bought the last studs for a 102A3 from MCI around the first of the year (seriously the girl on the phone told me when I ordered them, that I was getting everyone they had instock!), but I sure would've thought they would've restocked by now!  Also what did ya find on the wondering in yer steering? BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: