Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 04:59:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: mc5 fuel economy - yic  (Read 5907 times)
steve5B

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2009, 06:45:46 AM »

Lin,

The product that was formentioned is the chemical name.  This product is in alot of the water cooling products.

Usually the amount is around a fifth of an ounce per 12 ounces of water when you buy off the shelf.  As for products

I am a chemists, I have the knowledge on different products in these type of applications.

Steve 5B......

WWW.WINNERSCHOICECORPORATION.COM

"It's all in the name the name says it all"
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2009, 08:47:03 AM »

Tom,

Well, maybe I am not as much of a wimp as I was suspecting.  If you have ever looked at an MCI fan belt, it is pretty intimidating in motion.  I will probably try your start method using a rod to hold the lever though.  That's what I do to shut the fuel off when the air isn't up yet.

Steve,

Sorry to be dense here, but are you saying that you buy the pluronic 60 itself and use it instead of buying a commercial additive?

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Fredward

MC-5A #5401 8" roof raise 8V71 with MT647

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2009, 03:28:10 PM »

Now this is getting interesting. Anybody got a good 8V92N to trade for a good 8V71N?
FRed

Fred Thomson
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2009, 05:18:13 AM »

ZubZub,

The valve holding the prime is located just as the return line exits the head)you do not need to pull the valve cover) It is only a small 90 degree fitting that is one way, meaning the fuel flows one way back to the tank but is not allowed to flow back to the head, which holds the prime on the head.

John
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2009, 03:38:06 PM »

Hello,

I have to admit, I have it to the floor almost the entire time it is on the road. Only because I am used to racing around with the old bus.

If you have it floored, you probably aren't in top gear, like when you floor it in your car.

You need to come off the pedal a bit and see if it shifts again.  Remember, you get LESS torque at top RPM than you do at 2000.
viento1

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2009, 03:51:42 PM »

I think I know what you are after, I am doing a 800 mile trip this weekend and I replaced the fuel filter and air filters. I will give an accurate accounting of my progress.

Thank you

Lin,

The product that was formentioned is the chemical name.  This product is in alot of the water cooling products.

Usually the amount is around a fifth of an ounce per 12 ounces of water when you buy off the shelf.  As for products

I am a chemists, I have the knowledge on different products in these type of applications.

Steve 5B......

A question for the Mad Chemist - I have heard from a quasi reliable source that putting ATF transmission fluid in the fuel - it is as good as that $120 a bottle stuff the WURTH sales guy gives me... Huh thoughts Huh

Ok, it's time to go on another road trip.
www.randalclark.com
MC5
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: