Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 22, 2014, 02:49:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bendix cruise control  (Read 1445 times)
Zane E

Ignore
« on: January 26, 2009, 01:03:36 PM »

Hello,
Noobie to the board; I'm in central Minnesota, looking for a source of parts or knowledge thereof, regarding obsolete Bendix pneumatic cruise control on a Cat 3208 in a Gillig chassis.  We have leaks at the controller solenoid valve, consequently can't get full throttle either in cruise or in manual.  Of course, Bendix is NLA on all such parts.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Zane
paulcjhastings

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 03:20:17 PM »

Can you just bypass it for now, until you can find a parts source? Where do you consider to be central MN? I'm located in Belle Plaine,MN.

Paul Hastings
1993 Setra 215 w/ Detroit Series 60 & Allison HT748
Belle Plaine, MN
612-987-6021cel
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 08:58:50 PM »

Welcome!

About leaking solenoid valve and being in below freezing temperature will and can cause leaky valve via very little moisture to turn into ice to hangup. If you can get a heat lamp onto it for 15 minute without the air-in-line and the wind around it and try it again to see if it stop leaking. Otherwise you can get a replacement kit for most solenoid. I believe Grainger has most of them.

Keep warm up there!

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 05:10:07 AM »

Cruise King in Faribault, MN might be able to help.  I don't know that they could fix it, but they do cruise controls for Gillig chassis.  www.cruisecontrolking..com

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
blue_goose

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 05:33:48 PM »

If it will help I have a air cylinder from a Bendix cruise control that yo can have.  I also have a service data book on the cruise that I can send to you.  They made lots of air cylinders, I am sending you a picture of the one I have.  Hope it comes through.
Jack

Data used in this document is made from 100% recycled electrons and magnetic particles. No electrons were harmed in the creation of this document.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: