Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 18, 2014, 10:46:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sam Walker  (Read 10516 times)
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 09:39:22 PM »

The following are facts (no opinion) to warn others what did happen with some of his customer's deposit and left unfinished & undriveable to rust. They end up being scrap few years later.

I came to Arcadia in Dec 1999 to live and work on my bus at another bus nut's place. While there I learn and seen several of his customer's unfinished bus frames outside to rust for the few years of shop close. BTW...While there I did learn how MCI are build and glad I did...so I know how to re-framed my bus.

Desoto County Florida Clerk of the Circuit Court

Somehow he manage to start a business in PA.

So be careful.

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 09:45:15 PM »

I do not know Sam Walker or anything about his business...but this is clearly one individual laying it out there and is detrimental to his business

If I was new and didn't know the history I would be inclined to have the same perception. But, this is why those that have been around for a while have a responsibility to help others not fall into traps and snares that would wipe out dreams and life savings. It is a business, and one that has earned it's reputation. Given the facts, the most I would do is only pay incrementally, as the conversion progresses and meets my satisfaction. But I am not that desperate.

Professor Grumpy did a good job of educating us on the history, and reminding us of what happend. Everyone take good notes and don't fail the test.

I am grateful to have so many here on this BBS to warn us of the many dangers......Thanks Guys

« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 07:15:48 AM by Barn Owl » Logged

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
It’s the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2009, 11:25:17 PM »

BarnOwl,

You have a great personal "filosofy".  Thank you for that and know others share it.

GumpyDog,

Yeah GumpyDog!!!! yeah.

Thanks,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 12:16:06 AM »

I do not know this individual, but have read past posts regarding him.  However, I do not view passing on information and facts about a business to be "badmouthing".  It seems like it would be kind of ridiculous for one of us to be victimized by a mechanic in Wherever, Montana and not be able to pass on the facts to save others from the same fate.  There are plenty of businesses that receive nothing but the highest praise on this board.  Certainly, reasonable criticism is also of value.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 05:44:53 AM »

There is a difference between simply posting a negative opinion of someone and posting negative facts that can be supported by legal documents. Most of us know of several people that were taken for thousands of dollars by Sam Walker, with court documents to back up the facts.  This is entirely different than simply saying "so & so is a crook" with no facts to support that statement. I hope no other people are taken by any bus converter as this gives us all a bad name.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
cody

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 05:47:38 AM »

So and so is a crook.       (phhhhhhhhttttttttt lol, I hate myself but couldn't resist lol)
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 06:14:39 AM »

There was a Bus Converter here in Liberty Texas. He declaimed Bankrupt and it was hell for the people who had buses in his shop. He wouldn't let them move them. He put a 8kw Gen set in an Eagle and charged the guy $20,000.00.
Buyer beware.

John 
VanTare

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2009, 06:51:15 AM »

If people ask me what I think about a business of any type then I will tell them but I do not volunteer much information about others business some folks are happy with their choice and some are not.I do not know anything about Mr.Walker but reading about bus conversions on the web the person that owns this board has had his share of problems over the years and turned it around so it seems, why not give this Walker a chance people can change ?

David
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2009, 06:54:35 AM »

VanTare,

You are right. Some can change. Sam Walker hasn't yet (unless it was a new years resolution Grin Cheesy Grin). I would just hate to see one of my bus nut buddies scammed.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
cody

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2009, 08:35:54 AM »

I guess I agree, that people deserve the chance to change, but if a person proves themselves to be slightly to the side of honest, get caught and then move to a different area and run a scam again and then move again and again the scam runs, it might be a pattern.
NEO/Russ
NEO/Russ

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 09:28:29 AM »

OK, I'm sure I'll get trashed for this but I can't read this thread without giving mu side of the story. 

I had started a conversion of a Neoplan double decker.  It was taking too long, my fault, and when I was done it was not going to have the flexibility I felt I could get from a HDT and a big FW.  So I decided to sell a pile of parts and the bus.  I did ads on BNO and eBay and sold quite a few things, but it got hard to get rid of a rebuilt Series 60, rebuilt Allison B500 and the rest of the chassis since so many here are frugal.  On a chance I called Sam and offered it to him.  He bought the entire package and paid in full.  He also paid the local trucker that I had arranged to ship it to him and treated him well at his shop in PA.  I acknowledge selling is different than buying, but he was straight, he paid, his checks didn't bounce and he communicated well.  And that was while the stock market, housing and other crap has been sprialing down.  From my perspective he has my positive vote.  I agree that like with all purchases there is a lot to explore and I have been burned by not looking closely at what seemed like a good deal or something better than expected.  Also remember that things can happen and people can change. 

And to those of you posting negative comments; (and I read them all about Sam a few years ago), have you personally dealt with him to throw the first stone, or is it hearsay?

Well no longer a bus nut, but over the years I learned a lot here and still come back to see what I can apply to the conversion of my KW T2000 for hauling my Teton fifth wheeler.
mcibus2001

MCI

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2009, 09:30:39 AM »

SW currently resides with the PA Dept. of Corrections in Camp Hill, PA & has been there since November.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 09:35:47 AM »

Neo/Russ,

Yes we have personally dealt with him. And we have validated a lot of the stories.

MCI2001,

That is interesting. I didn't know that. I feel bad for him, but he couldn't go on forever. Thanks for letting us know. BTW welcome aboard. You should start a new thread and tell us about yourself.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
cody

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 09:36:57 AM »

Ok, then he has convictions in 3 states then, to me, that would indicate a pattern.
VanTare

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 09:51:59 AM »

They could send almost all of the converters to jail for taking money and dragging out the process.I have a late model conversion and was told by the converter about the great service awaiting me and how long they were to be around and now 4 months later they sold or gave the business to someone else you never know in today's world.I take people for what they are in my eyes and I never pass judgement on anyone that that is way I was taught and is the way our Creator teaches us to do .Not knowing anything about Walker I will leave this topic alone.   

David
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 10:10:34 AM by VanTare » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: