Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 04:54:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sam Walker  (Read 10136 times)
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2009, 09:57:51 AM »

Cody,

I agree, I think that this is a bit of a pattern. He will just get out and start again.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2009, 10:42:19 AM »

Yes, everyone deserves a second chance.  I hear the Bernard Madoff is starting up a new investment company.  How many here are willing to invest?  We should not hold past issues against him, should we?  Isn't that 70 billion dollar scam just old news?  Even mentioning it seems to be unfair!

Personally, I feel that if one believes a disreputable business deserves another try, they should try it with their own money and not suggest that someone else should take the risk.  Sam Walker, Bernard Madoff-- it does not matter.  I would not want to hand money to either of them, and I would warn others to do their research before they did.  Reputation is history, and history is a valid tool in predicting the future.  No one here would doubt that they would be treated properly by US Coach because that's what has happened over and over again in the past.  We would not ever suggest that their history does not predict their future performance.  The same goes for those with less stellar reputations. 

If I am stranded somewhere and mention the name of a mechanic I may use, you guys darn well better speak up if he's a thief or incompetent!  I would certainly do no less for you.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 01:56:37 PM by Lin » Logged

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2009, 12:10:42 PM »

Excellent analogy Lin.

Like it or not, it's just a part of life, we are all haunted by our past decisions, good or bad, regardless of who we are now.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2009, 12:12:07 PM »

Right on Lin.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Nusa

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2009, 07:57:59 PM »

SW currently resides with the PA Dept. of Corrections in Camp Hill, PA & has been there since November.

Right you are. Looks like Sam Walker ran the appeals process out and finally started serving the prison sentence on 11/03/08. 6-12 months plus 2 years probation. On the bright side, he did manage to pay restitution to the parties named in the case (the sentences were reduced because of that).

Entire court record is on-line: http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CP.aspx, docket CP-39-CR-2730-2005
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 08:00:17 PM by Nusa » Logged
Connel
Eagle 05 w/Ser60 & HD4060PR

Day Eagle landed & before total rebuild.

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2009, 03:42:50 PM »

These and MANY other websites are owned and run by the infamous - formerly of Arcadia, FL

Samuel (Sam) J. Walker
8281 Pa Route 873
Slatington, PA 18080
(610) 767-8000

www.buses101.com
www.buscustomer.com
www.MCI102.com
www.OpenTopCruiser.com
www.SlideOutPros.com
www.BusRVparts.com
www.BusLimo101.com
www.Coaches101.com
www.LuxuryDoubleDeckers.com
www.walkercustomer.com
http://www.walkercustomer.com/Next_Level_Coachs.htm

BUYER BEWARE!!

Central Oklahoma

Refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
Charles Seaton

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2009, 01:49:45 PM »

I don't know much about anything else, but ya gotta love the production number of the Scenicruiser in the second website.  No. 9003?. That's kind of tough when there were only 1001 manufactured.  It looks like he spent so much time creating websites I don't know when he would have had the time to build conversions.
VanTare

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2009, 02:05:01 PM »

Charles could that be the Greyhound number the picture is showing 141 as the number   

David
Charles Seaton

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2009, 12:52:17 PM »

That could possibly be the fleet number, though it should be accompanied by a letter prefix, but those are still some impressive websites.

-- Seaton
GPD4

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2009, 12:59:38 PM »

Good day Fellow Busnuts,
Since the question was posed in the first email of this thread, I am going to take this opportunity to answer it.  My name is George P. Dausch IV, and I am the owner of Next Level Coach, Inc., a Maryland corporation registered to do business in the State of Pennsylvania.
I purchased the furnishings, fixtures, assets, and intangibles of Walker Coach through a private sale of the Federal Bankruptcy Court when the company was placed into Chapter 7.  I also made restitution to the clients deemed harmed in the criminal case, as Mr. Walker is as close to penniless and homeless as possible.  Since that time, I have also acquired the real estate that Mr. Walker owned and used to operate his company.  Since my acquisition of the company, I have overseen the completion of the work-in-process that was tied up in the court process, and as of today we are a few weeks away from finishing one coach, and have one more to go.
It is not my intent to debate or discuss Sam's issues, the court has rendered its decision, and Sam is serving his time.  When he returns I will employ him in a sales and advisory capacity, as he knows more about MCI buses than I will ever know.
Next Level Coach employs 10 people full time, and at the moment we have about 30 coaches in stock, mostly MCI9s.  They range from running people movers through raised roof and lengthened shells, some with drivetrains, some without.  They are taking up space, so one way or another they will be leaving soon.
Looking down the road, it is my hope to continue the business, albeit operated in a much different manner.  One cannot continue in business forever losing money on every sale and hoping to make it up on volume.
Thank you for this opportunity to answer the original poster's question.
GPD4
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2009, 01:15:29 PM »

you know what's weird about this is that the resto work on the sceni looks pretty thorough.  Who's to say if it's Sam Walker's boys/garage whatever, but someone is doing quite the number on that scenicruiser.

cody

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2009, 01:36:50 PM »

I'm finding some interesting information on Next Level Coach, there doesn't appear to be an actual transfer of ownership, only a managerial transfer, I also turned up a copywrite infringement action initiated by Next Level Coach against the sam walker version of Next Level Coach     http://www.nextlevelcoach.org/  I'd be interested in how this is all possible.  I can also find no bankruptsy proceedings that include the registered sale of the company to Mr. Dausch, there are several companies that have a George P Dausch IV listed as company president but none of them know about the walker company having been aquired. Of the 2 companies I called neither had heard of the company     http://www.natureslightingdistribution.com/ContactUs.htm     http://www.durablesteel.com/Key_Personnel.htm  I wish any new company management of any company success but am registering my caution in this concern as it appears to be somewhat strange, is it possible that sam walker has set up a proxy while he is in prison?
GPD4

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2009, 02:13:53 PM »

And good afternoon again,
With respect to the last post and the information contained within it, Next Level Coach, Inc. may be found within the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation website as a Maryland corporation formed by me in June of 1997.  Feel free to look.  I know nothing about any infringement issue, but I suppose if one is forthcoming I will be notified.  However, two different businesses in two unrelated fields does not create a conflict.
The Bankruptcy issue was in the United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Case # 06-20179-REF.  Since I possess all of the documents, I have not looked it up on the web.  However, I am sure that it is there.
The two other websites that you referenced are both companies owned by me.  We close at 4pm EST and everyone in the offices has gone home.  I, however, am still sitting here working and no phone has rung with an inquiry.  You may certainly feel free to call and if I am here I will answer the phone.  On Mondays and Tuesdays I am in PA at the Coach company, and I will be happy to verify my existence at that location also.
GPD4
cody

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2009, 02:32:21 PM »

If it's all above board then I wish you luck and every success but you have to understand that many people will be somewhat hesitant to take on face value the transfer, especially when the information is still the same which includes the disclaimer from Port Royal Investments, the past owner had found many interesting ways to skirt the legalities in many jurisdictions so you may find a few people that will be hesitant to jump on board and more than a few that will wonder if this is just another example of the past, but like I said, if this is a new start, welcome to the bus community, you'll have to understand that my law enforcement background sometimes clouds my initial reactions.
cody

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2009, 03:31:34 PM »

Perhaps you can double check that docket number, perhaps the court district is wrong? That case doesn't seem to exist.  In regards to the possible copywrite infringement item, it's true that the two companies would be in different fields but the names are identical and I'm sure would cause confusion.  Anyone that is familier with Mr. Walkers past operations have seen this scenario before, could be true? maybe, maybe not.   I'm wondering if Ford Motor Company would feel it's ok for a company that bakes brownies to name themselves Ford Motor Company, would be a different field but I'm certain it would cause a bump in the road somewhere lol, or would be a half baked idea?  (sorry that was bad, even for me lolo)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: