Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 20, 2014, 06:27:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fiberglass bay doors for MCI 102A3  (Read 1114 times)
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« on: June 27, 2006, 07:54:49 PM »

I have entertained the idea of replacing the aluminum bay panels with fiberglass just for the looks.  There are some dings and scratches and it does look it's age.  Where would be a connection to check this out? 

Thanks,
Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 09:11:40 PM »

Danny I'n not positive but I think the company that does customcaps & etc. has them I think the name is R & M fiberglass or something like that! I/m not positive never had a reason to scope it out, but rest assured if I'm wrong someon will correct me! LOL! BK  Grin

Cheesy Grin Wink only 2 more days to cast that vote on the "TN Fall Bus Bash" at Knuckle's get yer vote in as to when is best 4 U! Shocked Cool Roll Eyes

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
ceieio
MCI 7 DD 8V71, HT740

1973 MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 10:34:25 PM »

Danny - I have R & M fiberglass on my bay doors.  There is really not much to it... the old skin is pulled off and the fiberglass is fastened to the bay door frame.  Makes the door "lite and breezy" to open.  The covering is flat sheet fiberglass.  R & M's website is a little stale, but they are going stronger than ever.  Check them out at http://www.rm-fiberglass.com/  If you plan on going to Bus's USA here in Oregon, R & M is not too far away from the rally site.

Craig

Craig MC7 - Oregon USA
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 09:17:13 PM »

Thanks guys   Wink

Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
bruceknee

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 01:46:27 AM »

email me your address and I will mial you a sample of Kemlite Filon, smooth, .120 thick and real nice to work with
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: