Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 24, 2014, 02:03:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Sikaflex Do You Use  (Read 1112 times)
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« on: January 29, 2009, 05:12:35 PM »

I need to get some black Sikaflex.  I have had 291, but in reading descriptions, I came across Sikaflex 291 Lot.  This is said to be almost as strong, a little slower setting, and a little more flexible.  Also 521UV looked interesting.  Any experience with these?

http://www.sikaindustry.com/ind/ipd-ma-products

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Slow Rider
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 04:47:51 PM »

Bump

The MCI has landed..... We are home.
Dale City Va.  Just a southern suburb of DC
Yes I am a BUSNUT
1976 MCI MC8
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 08:38:20 PM »

Lin...It all depend what you want it to do with and what type of material being use in.

Need more detail of the project before we can help you.

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 08:47:44 PM »

Gerald,

That makes sense, but actually I was hoping that one would be a good compromise as an all purpose product.  There are some areas around windows and such that could use some re-sealing.  I also wanted to use it to re-enforce and fill gaps in some weather stripping around the entry door.  Since these small tasks will not use anything near an entire tube, the thought was to find the one that would be suited to the most RV applications so it will be available for the future.  I have read that 291 is most commonly use by RV repair places, but wondered whether the other two mentioned would be more adaptable.  I am not concerned with any high strength requirements like mounting siding.  Thanks

You don't have to believe everything you think.
boogiethecat

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 10:37:26 PM »

Play with some Sikaflex 1A Construction Sealant, from the building construction industry.  Get it at White-cap  or a construction supply place ...
  Super cheap ($3 per caulking gun sized tube), black
 I use it everywhere on my buses for general purpose all-around, windows, gluing things, roof caulking...basically anywhere... and it works very well.
Cleanup with Naptha and a rag...

1962 Crown
San Diego, Ca
Ray D

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 06:33:21 AM »

Ditto on the 1-a, but try denatured alchahol for the cleanup, you'll like it.

Ray D
CAROLINABOY

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 07:39:26 PM »

I used sikaflex 252 on my coach it works very well but is expensive $8.00 a tube online

servant for JESUS CHRIST
coachconverter

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 01:44:16 PM »

If bonding metal to metal, I use 252, and you'll need the cleaner and primer.  Costs more, but worth it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: