Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 02:48:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update from Doug with the PD4106  (Read 42908 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2009, 06:12:29 AM »

OK I've been absent from the board quite a bit lately, and I liked to have never got done reading all of the posts on this thread.
But now that things might be getting back to somewhat normal around here, (yeah right what ever that is!) I may not be able to go and help any, and I don't have any parts or $ to offer, but if needed I could use my account to accept and disperse funds if needed! I really hope we can do this and get Doug, Jamie & the kiddo's bus up and running as economically as possible and still be reliable for them. (of course reliability really depends on what condition the rest of it is in, and how it is maintained from now on!)
I have really started wondering about my sanity the past week or 2 as it seems that everywhere we look folks are in bad shape and we just stepped out and bought another bus company out! So if I go AWOL again I'll probably be down at the state hospital in Bolivar, TN being evaluated or admitted! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2009, 06:27:06 AM »

BK, glad you are back among the living again. As for the possible visit to the state hospital let me offer my services to you. I started when I was a kid waiting to know how things were put to gether and worked, I did a lot of operation on small animals, rodents, and some larger one also. I found brain surgery to be some of my most interesting, and some of my most enjoyable. So let me know when your ready, hey I won't even charge you because your my buddy.

WvaNative

P.S. You will have to sign a few forms to release me from liability if anything goes wrong

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2009, 06:32:29 AM »

WV Cheesy Roll Eyes Grin Grin Cheesy LOL

BK, glad to hear that you are back. Too bad you told us about buying the other company out. We are going to want to see pics of the buses Grin Wink Grin(unless it was just the name and no buses). Still, I hope things go well, and that you guys have more work (making income, not fixing buses) than you know what to do with Grin Grin Grin.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
cody

« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2009, 06:57:07 AM »

I'll pass on the pics, to buy out a clothing optional charter bus company only takes money but for BK to drive with only a smile on creates a visual that only months of theropy would erase lol.
redbus

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2009, 07:23:56 AM »

Dallas

We are in Quartzsite now but will be going to Bakersfield,Ca.and then east around the 1st of March. If there is anything I can do let me know. We will be going through ElPaso.

Terry
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, Believe in them, and try to follow them." ~Louisa May Alcott~
www.awayweare.blogspot.com/
BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2009, 07:42:40 AM »

I had my wife read this thread last night. Big Doug in Oregon has a problem and has just joined this board and look at the help he has received. This has renewed my faith that there are good people out there. I see this in the flying comunity and now seeing in the bus comunity. Looks like a few people with similar intrest will treat each other right. Life is to short and we need to help each other out. Praise for all of you. Big Doug I live in Wells NV when you get that thing moving north you can park in the drive way for a few days.

John

Sounds good John.  A lot of miles between where I am now and getting the bus home.  If I pass that way, I will take you up on your offer.

God Bless,

Doug

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

Hoping for the open road someday in our PD4106-1035!

Check out our family blog:  www.TheFergyFarm.com
BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2009, 07:43:55 AM »

And it gets worse, if you don't have one Grin Wink, or are separated from yours. That is probably Doug's problem, he is suffering from withdrawal (which doesn't get better with time Grin).

God bless,

John

I thought I was just going a little (more) cuckoo.  Glad to finally be diagnosed.  lol.

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

Hoping for the open road someday in our PD4106-1035!

Check out our family blog:  www.TheFergyFarm.com
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2009, 07:53:17 AM »

I'll pass on the pics, to buy out a clothing optional charter bus company only takes money but for BK to drive with only a smile on creates a visual that only months of theropy would erase lol.

See PS on new thread about new prez, bus co & buses! Grin  BK  Grin

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=10932.0

by the way Cody only thought he was joking when he told people that I hauled the "Swedish Bikini Team"
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 09:58:25 PM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Dallas

« Reply #113 on: February 04, 2009, 07:53:30 AM »

Terry,
Thanks for the offer, you might make the same one to Doug and maybe give him a ride down to his forlorn baby! Grin

It looks like right now the plan is to find someone in the El Paso area that can go to the storage lot and get an oil sample and then take it in to be tested for glycol and unwanted metals. If glycol is present, I'll drain the oil and coolant and replace with water and fresh clean oil. If glycol isn't present, I'll get it ready to travel and get the heck out of El Paso as quick as possible.

If that turns out good, I'll be looking for a ride from here, (Franklin, TX) to there, El Paso) along with a few tools and some parts to either put the fan back on, if the fan torus is still functional, or build a misting system for the radiator using the fresh water tank.

Then, I will climb into the old girl and baby her 700 miles back to my place, stopping quite a few times to refill the water tank and to camp for 3 or 4 days if needed.... and it'll definitely be needed, I don't plan on breaking any speed records and I figure I'll be greasy, hot, tired, grumpy and thirsty before the end of each day.

So, what we are talking about is about a week of travel and a some extra cash for parts, camping and of course, ice cold adult beverages!

I also want to take this chance to thank everyone for their input on this minor problem. It kind of renews my faith in humanity, which has been sadly lacking for quite awhile.

If anyone wants to donate to the fund, I guess the easiest way would be to donate through paypal at GHTrucking ^ msn.com (remove the spaces and the ^) or send it directly to Doug at his paypal account, as he'll also be needing to travel back to my place to pick it up after I get it up and running and replace some of the funky design by Disney horrors that have been inflicted on the poor beastie.
You could also send other donations to my wife,
Cat Farnworth
C/O RV Relay Station
Box 457
Franklin, TX 77856

We'll keep a close watch and post what expenditures went where and turn the rest over to Doug to help him get back down to pick up his baby.

I have some pictures that Doug sent me, I'll resize them and get them posted here today.

Dallas

(Doug Posted while I was typing this)

Dallas

We are in Quartzsite now but will be going to Bakersfield,Ca.and then east around the 1st of March. If there is anything I can do let me know. We will be going through ElPaso.
Dallas

« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2009, 08:01:48 AM »

Pictures of Doug's Engine, (Resized)
Dallas

« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2009, 08:02:44 AM »

More pictures of Doug's Engine, (Resized)
VanTare

« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2009, 08:03:20 AM »

Dallas can we do this by Pay Pal also is Franklin around the Collage Station area maybe I could stop and give you some cash I will be in the area Saturday, I hope these Michelin tires are killing me 2 so far in 3000 miles    

David  
Dallas

« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2009, 08:03:43 AM »

More pictures of Doug's Engine, (Resized)
Dallas

« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2009, 08:04:19 AM »

Last One
Dallas

« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2009, 08:07:28 AM »

Hiya David,

We are about 40 miles from College Station. Here is a link to where we are.. our actual location is about a mile south of town on the right hand side as your headed north.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=College%20Station%2C%20TX%20to%20Franklin%2C%20TX&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

And of course, Paypal works too.

Dallas

Dallas can we do this by Pay Pal also is Franklin around the Collage Station area maybe I could stop and give you some cash I will be in the area Saturday, I hope these Michelin tires are killing me 2 so far in 3000 miles    

David  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: