Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 02:15:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update from Doug with the PD4106  (Read 41534 times)
BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2009, 05:18:49 PM »

I have a good used Torus fan drive that I will donate to Doug. I will go thru it and check the bearings and replace the seal and gaskets. if someone else has a freight account we can use to ship it to Texas that would be a great help right now.

Doug keep in mind that when you do a repair on a Real Bus it is fixed pretty much for the rest of your life

Hope this helps

Chris

Chris,

What an incredibly generous offer.  Thank you very much.  

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

Hoping for the open road someday in our PD4106-1035!

Check out our family blog:  www.TheFergyFarm.com
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2009, 05:24:09 PM »

Chris, if the fan offer is accepted, let me know what the weight is and what the shipping address is, and I will email you a UPS label billed to our account.  You can apply it to the box and drop if off at any UPS store, Office Depot, Staples, etc.  The label will have our business address, but that is not an issue.  We ship product from where ever we are and UPS says that is fine.

I don't have the ability to contribute money, but I will gladly make the shipping offer for anyone that can help with the parts.

My email address is in my  profile and on our website (see signature).

Doug, I am glad that you let us know about your profession.  I would think that your profession would allow you to be quite "portable".  Maybe our bus "network" can help you out (I am a firm believer in networking when you need help/job).

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
gmbusguy1

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2009, 05:43:53 PM »

OK Jim and Thanks for the help. I will wait and see what Doug wants to do. But I have a funny feeling Doug and his family are now part of our Busnut extended Family

and there is nothing they can do about that LOLOLOL

WELCOME ABOARD FOLKS

Chris and Cherie
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2009, 05:48:51 PM »

Doug, that is one nice looking bus. You can just look at it and tell its been taken care of, and not abused. The conversion was a nice looking one on the inside also. Don't just let this bus go for scrap if you can help it. You can pick up 8V71's take outs for next to nothing now days, and every one on here is going to be looking for one for you. Just get a busnut out there and let them look it over from one end to the other so you will know what you have, and what you will need to do, then make a good decision from there. It really is a beauty of a bus. And let God use your new busnut friends to help you through this trying time. Just remember when you start to make a pot with clay it's hard, and cold to the touch, but as you work with it it starts to heat up and soften as you work it so it can be molded into something beautiful, that is what God is doing with you right now, and when this is all over I bet you, and your family will be wiser, and very happy with what God has worked in your life. Not to mention you guys may have the bus of your dreams also. DON'T GIVE UP JUST KEEP DREAMING

Dean
WVaNative

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
OneLapper

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2009, 06:36:47 PM »

Doug,

I sent you a personal email last week.  I also offered a fluid fan drive, but may be able to help with other parts.  You can find my email in my profile.

OneLapper
1964 PD4106-2853
www.markdavia.com
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2009, 07:18:22 PM »

After looking over the web site for GIGI & Randy (PO) I have to believe that they too would show concern and an interest in Doug and Jamie's situation ,and would also feel compelled to join in with all the fellow bus nuts here to help this family dream become a reality.I myself am praying that God will touch GIGI and Randy's heart ,that once they become aware of what has transpired they would make things right ,and help out in getting the bus back on the road.Van 

http://www.giginrandy.com/apps/photos/
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 07:20:02 PM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2009, 07:21:09 PM »

I think you are on the right track to get this bus looked at by someone that has YOUR intrest in mind. I have owned my bus one year and only drove 400 miles. So take this with a grain of salt. Your problem could be as simple as a thermostat to a head gasket or plugged radiators. Keep your chin up and let these people help you! I am sure if this bus is a lemon a bus nut will tell the truth.

John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2009, 07:59:04 PM »

OK Jim and Thanks for the help. I will wait and see what Doug wants to do. But I have a funny feeling Doug and his family are now part of our Busnut extended Family

and there is nothing they can do about that LOLOLOL

WELCOME ABOARD FOLKS

Chris and Cherie

Yes, if you all are willing to have us, we would be honored to be part of this remarkable community.

Doug

Edmund Burke

BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2009, 08:02:38 PM »

Chris, if the fan offer is accepted, let me know what the weight is and what the shipping address is, and I will email you a UPS label billed to our account.  You can apply it to the box and drop if off at any UPS store, Office Depot, Staples, etc.  The label will have our business address, but that is not an issue.  We ship product from where ever we are and UPS says that is fine.

I don't have the ability to contribute money, but I will gladly make the shipping offer for anyone that can help with the parts.

My email address is in my  profile and on our website (see signature).

Doug, I am glad that you let us know about your profession.  I would think that your profession would allow you to be quite "portable".  Maybe our bus "network" can help you out (I am a firm believer in networking when you need help/job).

Jim

Jim,

Thank you again for your shipping offer.  That is very generous and will definitely help.  As for the portability of my profession, that is exactly what we thought and why we wanted to hit the road and work from the bus while we travel and figure out where we wanted to finally settle again.  Networking is good, but I have never been good at it.  Maybe this community can help me with that as well.

Doug

Edmund Burke

travlinman

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2009, 08:05:19 PM »

Doug,

I have been looking to purchase a bus conversion for quite a while, and I think that yours is a keeper. The sheer amount of time and effort that goes into converting one of these old girls is really amazing. The 4106 is a great bus, and the interior and exterior on yours look really good. Sound like it need a bit of help under the hood, but that is something that is possible. Do not give up the ship yet, there is an amazing amount of knowledge and helpful folks on this board. Take your time, plan your move and before you know it you will be on the road.

Best of Luck

Steve

Steve & Kristen Full time nomads since '06 - PD4106-674  8V71/V730
BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2009, 08:10:32 PM »

Doug,

I have been looking to purchase a bus conversion for quite a while, and I think that yours is a keeper. The sheer amount of time and effort that goes into converting one of these old girls is really amazing. The 4106 is a great bus, and the interior and exterior on yours look really good. Sound like it need a bit of help under the hood, but that is something that is possible. Do not give up the ship yet, there is an amazing amount of knowledge and helpful folks on this board. Take your time, plan your move and before you know it you will be on the road.

Best of Luck

Steve

Thanks Steve.  I fell in love with her as soon as I drove her.  I just have some hurdles to overcome.  The outpouring of support and offers of help have invigorated me and renewed my spirit.  I am confident that all will work out.

Doug

Edmund Burke

OneLapper

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2009, 08:20:10 PM »

Doug, I pm'd you.

OneLapper
1964 PD4106-2853
www.markdavia.com
Cary and Don

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2009, 08:37:40 PM »

I think our 4107 may have been owned by the same Gospel group.  We bought her from a dealer in Princeton, TX and we found a bunch of fliers from a Gospel group under the icky filthy furniture. Lucky for us, the dealer delivered her and fixed a raft of stuff to do it. 

I think it might be the same person, because of the "red neck cruise control"  wrote on a yard stick in felt tip pen.  There was a "C" clamp welded to the dash over the throttle pedal and an arrow that pointed down.

Good Luck,

Don and Cary
GMC4107
Neoplan AN340

1973 05 Eagle
Neoplan AN340
BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2009, 08:39:21 PM »

I think our 4107 may have been owned by the same Gospel group.  We bought her from a dealer in Princeton, TX and we found a bunch of fliers from a Gospel group under the icky filthy furniture. Lucky for us, the dealer delivered her and fixed a raft of stuff to do it. 

I think it might be the same person, because of the "red neck cruise control"  wrote on a yard stick in felt tip pen.  There was a "C" clamp welded to the dash over the throttle pedal and an arrow that pointed down.

Good Luck,

Don and Cary
GMC4107
Neoplan AN340

LOL.  Good times.

Edmund Burke

Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2009, 09:42:44 PM »

Doug ,Jamie ,please do keep us posted as to the reply if any from the previous owners response,if that doesn't work I'm shure that an out pouring of folks here could go to their website to express a need for them to help in this (respectfully of course ),they could very well be on the road singing also(haven't checked their appearance dates yet).I will obviously wait for a reply from them first and go by what you feel should be recommended,whoa!  Van Wink
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 09:59:31 PM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: