Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 22, 2014, 11:34:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update from Doug with the PD4106  (Read 42684 times)
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2009, 02:53:57 PM »

busshawg,

I guess great minds think alike Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
cody

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2009, 03:06:35 PM »

Ok now that settled, tell me what I can do to help. we got a busnut in trouble, lets get him out of trouble, tell me how I can do my part.
BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2009, 03:08:26 PM »

Is it costing you anything to keep the bus where it is? If not , or even if it is affordable, take a step back let it all settle for a few weeks. It will probably take a few weeks of running around and getting all worked up with either way you make your desion. If your anything like me your emotions probably have been on quite a trip themselves. Sometimes time has a way. Just food for thought. During this time other opportunities might come up , whether it's a good deal on parts or a good dollar for the bus.

It is costing me $55.00 a month, so not a deal breaker.  I am going to take a step back and leave her in storage until someone a lot more knowledgable than me can tell me what is wrong with her.  My emotions have been all over the board.  A lot more going on that I haven't discussed on the board but some of the fellas here know what I am talking about.  

Good advice.

Thanks

Doug

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

Hoping for the open road someday in our PD4106-1035!

Check out our family blog:  www.TheFergyFarm.com
BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2009, 03:11:57 PM »

Ok now that settled, tell me what I can do to help. we got a busnut in trouble, lets get him out of trouble, tell me how I can do my part.

Cody,

My wife has friends in the UP!  She perked right up when I read your signature.  She has been telling me for a year we need to look into moving to the UP.  Thank you for your input.  I can't believe the camaraderie.  What part of the UP are you from?

Doug

Edmund Burke

BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2009, 03:12:58 PM »

busshawg,

I guess great minds think alike Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin.

God bless,

John

Can I get an Amen?

Edmund Burke

BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2009, 03:15:59 PM »

For those who want to see the coach, here is the website we found her on:

http://www.giginrandy.com/apps/photos/

Edmund Burke

cody

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2009, 03:16:17 PM »

We're parked at my daughters house in Baraga, it's right at the base of the Keweenaw Penninsula , thats the big arm that juts out into Lake Superior.  No work to speak of around here but being basically lazy it doesn't matter to me lol, it's a great place tho.
cody

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2009, 03:19:39 PM »

Doug, thats a nice looking bus, did you notice in the pictures that when you look at the pictures and look out the windows you can see the memories that are waiting to be made?
BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2009, 03:24:47 PM »

Doug, thats a nice looking bus, did you notice in the pictures that when you look at the pictures and look out the windows you can see the memories that are waiting to be made?

I can, and that is why the dream isn't dead yet.  Call me nostalgic I suppose.  For those of you who asked what website she was listed on, this is the original place we saw her:

http://busguy.net/gallery/index.php?cat=11

Edmund Burke

Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2009, 04:22:30 PM »

Doug ,this comes from a guy that has just gone down this same road (just ask most if the folks here.I didn't take it as well as you ,yet thru it all ,a lot of folks have given good advice and unfortunately I might not have taken it so willingly because of the despair I was feeling at the time.so please take the time to reflect on what has transpired ,weigh the good against the bad .

Maybe a short story most here have heard will shed some insight as to what to do.(I might goof this up a bit ,but here goes)there once was a man on a boat caught in a storm whose boat sank .Praying to the lord to save him(sound familiar yet,I'll continue),a ship passing by offered assistance ,the man refused stating that God was going to save him.still praying, a submarine happened by and offered to help and again he refused waiting on you know who to help him and again it happened ,and so on and so forth.Eventually the man drowned,while talking with the lord after his arrival up yonder paradise he asked God why didn't you save me! And God replyed I have sent a ship,a sub and a helicopter !.you get the idea by now .

I know that you and yours have been in some kind of Prayer during the ordeal in Texas and that you must have asked for some kind of help of him ,well! Grin sounds to me your help has arrived (nothing could be worse than blocking a blessing)your turn Wink.God bless .Van

P.S.your bus looks sweet,
and Satan is still a Punk!
Don't let him rob your joy! Smiley
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 04:28:49 PM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2009, 04:35:30 PM »

Van,

You are, of course, right on the money.  Like I said earlier to Dallas.  I was being rash and a quitter (which is not the first time I have been either).  I have taken a step back and am going to mill everything around in the old upstairs mental churn.  I emailed the seller and explained the situation.  I am hoping they will feel my pain enough to help make it right (financially).  Your "parable" (sounds like one to me) is spot on and the last thing I want to do is close the door on an opportunity from God.  And yes, we did ask for a lot from The Almighty during this ordeal, and he got us home (just like we asked).  Thanks for the words of wisdom.  I am kind of stiff necked sometimes and God usually shows me the error in those ways post haste.   Grin

Doug

Edmund Burke

rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2009, 04:44:08 PM »

Doug, you are getting some great advice and offers here. 

There is so much going on on the boards right now with personal tragedy and hardship and in every case, bus folks have responded with an out pouring of help, prayers, and even money. 

We would all hate to see you give up your dreams.  It sounds like you have support from your wife and that is really important. 

I think you should post what type of work you are looking for and maybe we can help in that area as well. 

Good luck!!!!

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
gmbusguy1

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2009, 04:57:58 PM »

I have a good used Torus fan drive that I will donate to Doug. I will go thru it and check the bearings and replace the seal and gaskets. if someone else has a freight account we can use to ship it to Texas that would be a great help right now.

Doug keep in mind that when you do a repair on a Real Bus it is fixed pretty much for the rest of your life

Hope this helps

Chris
BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2009, 05:05:08 PM »

Doug, you are getting some great advice and offers here. 

There is so much going on on the boards right now with personal tragedy and hardship and in every case, bus folks have responded with an out pouring of help, prayers, and even money. 

We would all hate to see you give up your dreams.  It sounds like you have support from your wife and that is really important. 

I think you should post what type of work you are looking for and maybe we can help in that area as well. 

Good luck!!!!

Jim

Jim,

Yep, my wife is onboard with this crazy dream (she even contributed to it at times) so that is a good thing.  I am not willing to give this up and after all of the confirmation that God has given me today with fellow bus nuts emailing, pm'ing and calling me, I am pretty sure that God doesn't want me to either.  This has all happened for a reason, and maybe that will be revealed or maybe not.  Either way, all of this support and offer for help is extremely humbling, but I suppose that is exactly what I needed to happen to me at this junction in my life.

As for the work I do, I am a Senior Systems Consultant (Windows server engineer).  If you know what that title means, good for you.  If you don't, don't feel bad.  I just tell most folks I am a computer consultant and they nod and say "ah, computers".

Edmund Burke

cody

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2009, 05:18:28 PM »

Ah, computers lol.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: