Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 18, 2014, 06:56:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm silently being accused of being a "Lurker".  (Read 1083 times)
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« on: July 02, 2006, 12:54:42 PM »

I've had so much fun and met so many great people in the Chat Room...I'm getting the impression that I'm being a "Lurker" or laying in wait for people to come in.  Sad

That's not my motive at all.  To me, there are no strangers and I take everyone at face value until they prove otherwise. Cheesy

I'd so much like to see the Chat Room branch out into more and varied experiences for all our Members that I have to admit...I probably spend more time in there hoping that somone will come in and I, or another Member, will be there to welcome them and offer to  share time...just chatting.

What with the bus being back now I won't have the time to spend, "lurking", but if anyone has felt that way I apologize.  I'm just trying to fill in until it really catches on.  It's a ball of fun and certainly a learning experience.  It's a chance to get to know the folks you see posting on the Board a little bit better. 

It's the personal way to make this Board..the best there is! Grin

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Dallas

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 01:38:19 PM »

Thank you Bob, for being there for the other members.
Neither I, nor anyone else considered you to be a lurker. Wink I see it as taking the place of the bots we are trying to get set up that will greet people coming in and let them know who is there and maybe a litle of what's going on.

I haven't been in the room as much as I should, since I have annoying little things to attend to, like work. Sad

Besides, what's wrong with lurking? At least you aren't standing there wearing a trench coat and nothing else, waiting for little old ladies to wander by! Shocked

Dallas
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 01:44:19 PM »

I think the general opinion is that a lurker is someone who reads the posts but never contributes to the conversation and nobody knows that they are there.

In your case, your name is very prominently displayed in the upper right corner of the Chat Board and anyone that enters the board knows you are there. You are, therefore, not a lurker. Maybe more like a WalMart greeter!
Richard

I've had so much fun and met so many great people in the Chat Room...I'm getting the impression that I'm being a "Lurker" or laying in wait for people to come in.  Sad

That's not my motive at all.  To me, there are no strangers and I take everyone at face value until they prove otherwise. Cheesy

I'd so much like to see the Chat Room branch out into more and varied experiences for all our Members that I have to admit...I probably spend more time in there hoping that somone will come in and I, or another Member, will be there to welcome them and offer to  share time...just chatting.

What with the bus being back now I won't have the time to spend, "lurking", but if anyone has felt that way I apologize.  I'm just trying to fill in until it really catches on.  It's a ball of fun and certainly a learning experience.  It's a chance to get to know the folks you see posting on the Board a little bit better. 

It's the personal way to make this Board..the best there is! Grin

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Bosshosssport96

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 03:23:06 PM »

Lurker.......your not,your just a good ole boy.....*smiling*......Its nice to talk to you when I hit the Chat room,and it looks like our timing is on the same wave length,because the last three times I went to the Chat room their you were,I enjoy talking to one and all,a lurker your not my friend....Frank
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: