Well, today was the big "try it out" day. I got the front end back together yesterday around 4pm and the ride height adjusted correctly. When I woke up this morning the front was still aired up and riding exactly where it was supposed to. So, the new bags are holding air even in 0 degree weather. Today we went out for a drive. I was pleased when she fired right up and came back to life. What a great feeling to have the motor running after 3 1/2 months of just sitting there. I cranked it with the ignition off to get oil pressure before turning on the ignition. Better to build up oil pressure under the load of the starter only.
Okay, I can see a little rambling there, so back to the topic! Driving impressions are very positive. The ride does not feel any harsher than it did before. In fact, I think it feels better. This is probably due to the amount of wear the old bushings had. The new shock absorbers also helped to take a little bit of the up and down out of the bumps as well. I can't say for sure due to the winds today, but I would say most if not all of the pull is gone now. It was a lot less work to keep it going down the road straight.
Three weekends of work and it drives like a new bus! I'm glad I did the job and only wish I'd done this a couple of years ago.
It was awesome to be going down the road. We all wanted to keep on going and not turn around for home. I'm pleased everything worked great and wish I was writing this from "somewhere down the road" instead of at home.