Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 10:28:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Now THIS is a shell...  (Read 1457 times)
ktmossman

Ignore
« on: February 09, 2009, 10:26:58 AM »

Just damn...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/armored-bus-2007-mci-j4500c-motor-coach_W0QQitemZ150325234611QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBuses?hash=item150325234611&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A317|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1308
Jerry Liebler

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 12:34:55 PM »

KT,
  Are your enemies that serious?  Musta been built for Bernie Madoff.
Regards
Jerry 4107 1120
ilyafish

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 12:50:38 PM »

a nice prank would be to have a friend go inside the bus (not knowing that its armored) and pull out a gun and fire right at him from the outside  Grin  just make sure they bring a change of underwear, and your willing to replace the glass

Own: 1981 MCI MC9 w/
Veggie Oil Conversion
Live:  Flemington, NJ

1 Corinthians 9:19-22
cody

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 01:34:07 PM »

Is that the new prison transport wagon for sam? (Omg I hate myself sometimes lmao)
ktmossman

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 02:08:52 PM »

The more I think about it, the less sense it makes...

A. Who on earth would be the kind of person that would actually use a conversion, but would need something like this?  Anyone who needs that level of protection is not going to be cruising around in something as slow and non-maneuverable as a bus conversion.  The first rule of any kind of mobile protective "bubble" is to get the heck out of a Dodge in a big hurry if things get dicey.

B. Why would a manufacturer sink that kind of money into building such a thing without cash in hand from a buyer?
Airbag

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 02:17:44 PM »

The more I think about it, the less sense it makes...

A. Who on earth would be the kind of person that would actually use a conversion, but would need something like this?  Anyone who needs that level of protection is not going to be cruising around in something as slow and non-maneuverable as a bus conversion.  The first rule of any kind of mobile protective "bubble" is to get the heck out of a Dodge in a big hurry if things get dicey.

B. Why would a manufacturer sink that kind of money into building such a thing without cash in hand from a buyer?

Probably a gov contract that went south. They will sell it in the Mid East or South Africa. The people with money still have money otherwise I would be out of business by now.

A real shame about Monaco Coach co. 1600 employees out of work. I just ordered parts from Atwood and they said they are scared.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 02:24:22 PM »

I wonder if it is the result of a contract build that fell through due to the economy.

As for what kind of people would use it, politicians often travel in executive day coaches.  And I suspect more than a few CEO's are feeling targets painted on them lately.  Especially right after they lay off 20,000 workers so they could get a $20 million bonus for "successfully" leading their company.  Yup, a bullet proof bus conversion just might be the best investment they ever make.
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 03:37:03 PM »

Anyone remember the movie "Stripes"?   This makes me think of mounting dual 50Cal's behind the bumper for traffic control! Grin

Glenn

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
HB of CJ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 05:27:16 PM »

Did you read the armor specifications?  They are a joke.  Only good for small arms fire, and not really any good for that!  Any decent elk rifle ammo OR 30 cal AP would appear to be able to punch right through.    Apparently a Barrett Light 50 would eat this coach alive.  But, might be OK against Zombies.

At the starting bid price they are asking, I would have held out for armor that defeats AT LEAST .50 cal AP bmg and comblox 12.7mm AP hits.  I bet the windows are not even diamond plated translucent aluminiminummm.  Wonder how overweight the empty chassis is?  HB of CJ Smiley Smiley Smiley

rant post
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 06:34:16 PM »

If you "read" carefully... It is a PIPE dream..

The Bus is not built out to armored "YET" it is a "SPEC" assembly concept.

The operative words are "IF" and "WILL" ...

My little hunting rifle would make swiss cheese of most of their "SPEC" armor
with off the shelf ammo...

Somebody is really dreaming on this one...armored? Hah !...

If it were for real it would have some extra horsepower to get away from danger..
Not a C-13 @430 hp... Would need more like 650 to 1,000 hp for serious running.

Someone is fishing for a sucker.....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: