Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 12:20:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP NEEDED BADLY!  (Read 5899 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« on: February 09, 2009, 08:17:43 PM »

Y'all know I don't usually ask for much, but it's not for me!

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=10849.165

OK y'all been following the Libby thread right? Well I just found out that she desperately needs an oxygen machine and the state won't help! I also know that CODY won't ask, and is probably gonna be mad at me for doing so! But if it gets them the help she needs I'll let him be mad at me! I can set it up where the donations go thru my paypal account or we can send them straight to Cody & Libby's (I'll have to find out what his account email is first)

PLEASE HELP ANYWAY YOU CAN!
BK
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 08:38:12 PM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Airbag

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 09:37:01 PM »

I will try to pitch in. Just need a place to send it to.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 09:45:02 PM by Airbag » Logged
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 10:06:23 PM »

I'm going to do my part and send what I can & I'm opening my paypal account to any and all donations! Any credit card donations will cost me 3% but I don't care it'll all be passed on 100%!

the e mail for my paltalk is bustedknucklegarage at yahoo dot com 

PS if ya send $ please send me a msg telling me how much $ when & from who so I can keep track of it!

BK
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 08:19:48 AM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 10:36:58 PM »

Bryce, I commend you for stepping up to the plate to offer the channel for helping.

I don't know who's PM that was, but I don't think it needed to be published or passed along in whole or in part.  Cody already "gets it" as denoted in the following quote and doesn't need a tough love slap in the face.

I've filled out many applications for different agencies to locate help but so far I've come up empty, my income is high enough so be over most of the guidelines for concideration, we also applied for disability for her at the recommendation of the doctor, all these things take time and we just have to tread water until the calvary arrives lol, mean while we're doing ok.

And he is precisely right, these things take time.  SS Disability takes several months.  Other assitance programs are usually faster than that but still take time to process all the red tape.

cody

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 04:06:55 AM »

Ok guys, I've got to step in here, this bunch of guys has got the biggest heart I've ever seen.  I do appreciate the thoughts but what we need far more is an oxygen machine, libby is probably not going to make it unless I can find one quickly, if anyone has one laying around that I can buy, I would greatly appreciate it. My daughter is a CNA/RNA and between me and her we can help libby if I can get the proper equipment, I've been contacting every company, healthcare group, etc that I can find and so far have come up empty, what I'm going to do today is see if I can get my cardiologist to prescribe one for me, I have medicare and with the perscription of it for me, I can certainly find a use for it if I found I could get by without it for a bit here and there.  With my congestive heart failure, he may be able to provide one for me and I'll have that mask on libby before anyone knows what happened.  I do appreciate the passing of the hat but that is only a short term measure, what I need far more is the oxygen machine. I'm hoping to find a portable machine that can be recharged, but any machine would be a life saver, with libby having no health insurance I'm finding out how easily companies can stonewall a person.  It appears that the massive doseage the doctor gave her of the Verapamil may have destroyed her kidneys and lungs, but if it did, thats a battle to be fought somewhere down the road, right now she is fighting to stay alive, for that, one of the things I have to find is the oxygen machine, if anyone has one that they don't want or need, I'll buy it, just let me know what you want for it and I'll send it.
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 04:31:41 AM »

Cody, here is a link to someone on craigslist that has an oxygen generator. You may want to contact him to see if you can work something out. There are also a few units on ebay that would fit the bill as well. We had one of these for my mother in law for several months worked flawlessly.

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/hsh/1006223357.html

Good luck and God bless!

Grant
Sacramento

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 06:16:10 AM »

I am not able to contribute money, but I will pay the shipping if a generator is found. 

The way that works is that someone needs to box up the generator and let me know how much it weighs.  I will need to know a ship to address.

With that information, I can process a UPS shipment on our account and email a PDF of the label to the person doing the shipping.  That makes it simple for them. All they have to do is put the label on the box and catch the UPS person or take it to any UPS store or Office Depot/Staples/etc.

Keep me posted.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
VanTare

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 06:21:07 AM »

Cody I will check the Goodwill and Salvation Army in my area today for you i have saw them there before.Could you fellows check the same in your area for Cody and Libby i know some places lease the unit but require a 3 or 4 k deposit so i am told
by 1 of my employees that donated 1 to Goodwill    

David
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 06:33:26 AM »

I found a couple on craigslist (nashville) in the $350 to $400 range.
Didn't see any on eBay that would do the job.

Dave...

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Catskinner!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 06:36:35 AM »

Cody

Call me and give me your shipping address.  I have the OXYGEN CONCENTRATOR
that I had in our bus for my wife Patti.  

Catskinner!
Sonnie Gray
Pottsboro, Texas
903-815-2141
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 06:44:05 AM »

BK, Cody And all concerned

I too have tried to reach out in this moment of need for Cody & Libby and here is what I do know.  It seems that Cody also called this morning the following people about the much needed Oxygen machine for libby and he received the same information.

1)  I called (Apria Health Care, 989 W. Washington St., Marquette, Mi. at (906-228-2230 and talked to Betty about 1/2 hour ago.)

2) Medicare will pay ($175.79 per month) to help get Libby the oxygen machine needed and Cody has to pay only about $20-30 month copay for this rental for this machine.  There is a portable machine also needed which Medicare will pay $28.75 per month and again Cody has to pay only 20% per month or about ($6.00).  A Doctor Prescription is needed to verify the need for this equipment.  

3)  There is a set up charge but that also is minimal and only a one time fee, it looks like for about $30 a month average that Cody & Libby can have the equipment they need for her comfort.  I am only guessing but it sounds like if they have a Doctor Prescription and abut $100 starting out fee they can immediately have the equipment needed.

4)  buying a new and maintained oxygen machine and all the equipment needed to make it functional 24/7 sounds more like the way to go for the cost and safety of knowing you do not have to worry about tubes etc. that wear out.  I have no idea what is involved in using this but I think Cody & Libby will be much safer with equipment always maintained for their peace of mind.

I hope this information will help and if we need to help set them up you can count me in if this is what Cody wishes to do.

Gary

Gary
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 06:47:05 AM »

Sonnie,

As usual you still are my hero.  Very nice gesture from the best person I know. Patti's passing will help someone else survive.  That is the way it should always be.
Gary

Gary
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 06:51:56 AM »

Gary,
   I think you have to be 65 to qualify for medicare and I don't think Libby is 65. I think Cody said their income is just above the limit for Medicaid. That seems to be their biggest problem. Without insurance and unable to qualify for medicare or medicaid, all the expense falls on them.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
VanTare

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 06:56:58 AM »

Catskinner you are 1 hell of a man stepping up to help in your time of grief and sorrow the world needs more  people like you  

David
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 06:58:28 AM »

From what I have heard about Patti I would say she would be very proud of you for this offer.  What a wonderful thing to do in her memory. 

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: