Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 13, 2015, 08:49:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Hitch lock hint  (Read 930 times)

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

« on: June 28, 2006, 05:47:20 PM »

Three years ago I had to cut a keyed type hitch lock off my bus to remove tow bar. The lock itsef was stainless steel but the insides were corroded. I decided to try stuffing the new lock with grease, no special grease, just what was handy. Here it is three years latter and today I put the key in the lock turned it, it opened and came right off!!!!!
                                                                                                           HTH Jim

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

Greg Roberts

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 06:43:32 PM »

Nothing like real world experience. I will grease mine too!

Check out my Eagle 20 here: http://photobucket.com/GregRobertsEagle20
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: