Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 10:04:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We live in a beautiful country  (Read 3567 times)
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 02:16:32 PM »

I have a similar books to Craig's that's called "Road Trip USA" and it's wonderful. It fully covers 11 coast-to-coast "blue highway" trips and points out a lot of quirky roadside attractions as well as "survival guides" once you do hit the big cities.

The book even has a website that contains much of the text from the book: http://www.roadtripusa.com/  I still prefer the printed book for armchair reading.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 02:44:37 PM »

The mere mention of the old "SS United States" brings back a bunch of memories for me.  She was, and probably could be, a Grand Old Lady of the Seas.  Let's hope so.

And then, getting off topic, there's the SS Savvanah.  Last I knew she was berthed in Charleston, SC.  She was scheduled to be the NS
(for Nuclear Ship) Savannah.  But the archaic manning tables for Steam Vessels and the Unions dealt her a severe blow and the owners laid her up.  While she was steam powered...she was designed for a Nuclear Power Plant that the Unions wouldn't allow.

Does anyone know her fate?  Haven't seen her in years.  Is she still in Charleston or did the Unions win and was she scrapped?

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
ceieio
MCI 7 DD 8V71, HT740

1973 MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 10:36:55 PM »

NCBob - I found this wikipedia entry.  Not sure how current it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NS_Savannah

Craig - MC7 Oregon

Craig MC7 - Oregon USA
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: