Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
May 26, 2018, 08:31:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at (657) 221-0432 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spray Foam Kits  (Read 1291 times)
Ray D

Ignore
« on: February 06, 2009, 09:13:26 PM »

Found 2 120 board ft. foam kits for real cheap, but the use by date is Nov, 2008.  Anyone know what the odds of these kits being bad or good?

Ray D
Newnut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 10:20:04 AM »

Although I have no experience with this product, as an engineer, I have developed expiration dates for other consumer products. and they are generally quite conservative as to reduce to the greatest possible extent product liability and consumer complaints. Please do not construe this as advice, but if the price was very good I personally would take the chance.
Ray D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 08:05:24 PM »

Welcome to the board Newnut,
Thanks for the answer, I suspected what you said and can pickup $1000.00 of foam for a 70% savings and it is only 3 months over the expiration.  You may regret saying your'e an engineer thou, there are a lot of engineers on this board and the real ones don't last long.  Come on guys,,,,,, it was supposed to be funny......

Ray D
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 08:35:52 PM »

Welcome to the board Newnut,
Thanks for the answer, I suspected what you said and can pickup $1000.00 of foam for a 70% savings and it is only 3 months over the expiration. 

How soon can you be ready for the foam job?  If you can't do it in the next month or two, you might not be happy with the results. 
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 09:41:29 PM »

Ray,  Just a couple points that may change your life.

1.  The bus skin needs to be warm for application.

2.   The ambient in the bus needs to be at a certain lower limit.

3.   The fumes from that stuff will KILL YOU.  You need to have a fan at the front that exhausts the air and have an opening at the rear that admits fresh air.  You need to have a fresh air supply thru an aspirator.  One "team" I heard of used buckets with clear plastic fronts and pumped fresh air from a wet vac with vac clnr hose delivering the air.  Kludged but it worked.

4.   Use a quality auto body type face mask when you grind or cut the excess foam from the wall and ceiling.  One Knut is permanently handicapped with respiratory failure due to inhaling fine dust.  The mfr will tell you the stuff is non toxic.

I hope I find a deal like that.  Be careful and look for threads on the subject.  It was really popular a few months ago.

HTH,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: