Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 05:09:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Foolsgold Update  (Read 3308 times)
Blacksheep

« on: February 13, 2009, 04:20:29 AM »

Still in the shop! Still has air leak problem that needs looking into. Appears the air bag wasn't the culprit. Also told that jake problem must be under the valve covers as all electrical is working. Since I was up to about 21 hours I told them to not worry with the jakes at this time but they DO need to fix the air leak!

Ace
Blacksheep

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 11:22:43 AM »

Well after further examination, it appears Prevost has sent us the Wrong air bag which is now causing other leaks!
Trying to get Prevost to pick up some shop time!
We'll see!

Ace
cody

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 11:37:37 AM »

Ace, you've sure had a session lately with the bus stuff, can I kill someone for you? I really need the stress relief lol, would make us both feel better.
Blacksheep

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 12:06:26 PM »

Nah that's ok cause Prevost just called said they will pick up 700.00 of my bill which covers the added extra BS hours.
Ace
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 12:29:37 PM »

Also told that jake problem must be under the valve covers as all electrical is working.
Ace

Ace,
  Not sure if your problem is the same, but Luther & Lula Cowden were having problems with the Jakes on their 8V92.  While in California, they stopped at Pedco (where they had been installed) to have them checked. Thy found that a couple of them had failed mechanically. Electrically, they were working, but needed an O ring replaced inside the Jake brake.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Blacksheep

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 08:34:42 PM »

Thanks Jack! They won't be looking int the jakes any further than they already have at this time. Air leaks will be top priority and next time the bus goes in the shop we will take the time and spend the money to have the jakes looked at a little deeper!

With new SS braided fuel lines, oil and lube, a whole new exhaust system, and this air bag scenario, the hours have added up so with that we will only do what is a must and the air leaks are just that!

Ace
NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 10:19:39 PM »

If the Jakes haven't been used for a while they bleed off and it takes about a mile of down hill with them "on" to get the oil back in them. You can prime them in the shop by manually holding each one on but it takes a while.

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 06:01:22 AM »

Ace…I always look forward to your posts and the updates. I learn from it as well to share some of my experiences with others.

Thank you so much.

Keep looking up, Gerald

BTW…this apply to many others buss-nuts who have share their projects.

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
Blacksheep

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 12:25:17 PM »

Thanks Jerry!

Went over to the bus today to retrieve Bud's leash and to my surprise, the wrong air bag that was installed is already out and waiting for the arrival of the new Right air bag from Prevost. Its supposed to be here in the morning! I say supposed because of the way things have gone so far!
Goes to show the quality and caliper of this shop! They definitely are on top of things!

Ace
Blacksheep

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 05:41:37 AM »

Well guys guess what? I'm still over the pit!

New air bag came in as scheduled and installed.

Waiting on a second needed air bag which should be here this morning.

Also installed 2 new tag axle dump valves. These were very badly corroded from road crap. Makes me wonder how a great mfgr. like Prevost can build such a sound coach using an all SS chassis and install these "aluminum" dump valves UNDER the coach near the wheels where they obviously get constantly covered with road crap.

Looks like I will eventually be replacing ALL the air bags before long. Heck I might as well, everything else has been!

Should be done today, IF nothing else starts leaking but like I told them yesterday, if anything else does, all the guys in the shop better start chewing some gum!

Ace
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 06:41:55 AM »

Ace, look on the bright side...you don't have to replace 12 air bags!  (At least I think you don't have 12 on that coach.
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Blacksheep

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 06:44:37 AM »

Thanks Jack for the encouraging words but there are only 8 air bags!

Ace
Blacksheep

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 08:11:51 PM »

New Update!

Bus is off the pit and sitting outside the shop. Won't be able to pick it up until Sunday due to working a show!

new drive wheel air bags
new tag axle dump valves
new exhaust
new fuel lines
new fuel filters and filter housing

Prevost messed up the parts order so much and so many times they refunded me all the money I spent on parts AND sent the shop $750.00 for their trouble when they installed, removed, and re-installed the correct parts not to mention holding up the pit waiting for the new correct parts. They even credited me with all the overnight shipping charges due to it being their fault to begin with!

Yea, they might be an expensive coach (although you get what you pay for) but the customer service just has to be second to none!

I may need a few more air bags but for now it stays aired up for quite a while but when it does go down, it goes down evenly, not like it used to when one side would go down first and then the other making it lean hard to the right!

Can't wait to get it home and clean it up. You would be surprised how dirty it can get just sitting in a shop!

Ace
cody

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 05:11:51 AM »

Ace, thats absolutely wonderful, it shows that not all has gone bad with the world, enjoy the bus and remeber, "if you pop it, they will buy" lol. Isn't that how that old saying goes, or maybe close anyway? lol
Paso One

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 06:41:57 AM »

Yea, they might be an expensive coach (although you get what you pay for) but the customer service just has to be second to none!

Canadian Company  EH !  Smiley

68 5303 Fishbowl 40' x 102"
6V71  V730 4:10
Blacksheep

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 07:15:08 AM »

Cody they come even before we start poppin! Gonna start doing cotton candy shortly too! Low cost, big profits!

Paso, although they are canadian, I ended up dealing with someone in the states named Vasquez! Go figure!

Ace
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 11:20:31 AM »

I had an absolutely awful experience with Prevost's accounting department but have had nothing but good experiences with their parts people.  Somebody in their Mira Loma shop charged a $250 repair bill (can't imagine what you could fix on a Prevost for that little) to my serial number.  The repairs were for a 3 or 4 year old H3.  Mira Loma sent the bill to Quebec and it ended up on my account somehow.  I phoned Mira Loma and told them that as long as they would guarantee to have the keys ready I would fly into L.A. to pay the bill and pick it up.  They didn't take me up on my offer and then it took me close to a year to get the charge off my account.  I ended up talking to Volvo's national service manager before I got it resolved.  But I have nothing but good to say about the parts people and contrary to popular opinion I don't find their pricing out of line at all.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 06:53:06 PM »

Goes to show the quality and caliper of this shop! They definitely are on top of things!

Ace

yep, just like i told you ace.  let me know when you need another recommendation for a good shop! lol (as Cody says).
and i'll bet they'll be glad to see you go.  you cna't be smilin much after that much pain, no matter how big the check from prevost.  i'd need a couple days to breathe and put my smile back in place.

go to flywheeler's and relax.  take Susan, of course.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Blacksheep

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 07:03:27 PM »

Uh Tom aren't you a little confused? LOL
Not too worried about the bill. It is what it is!
As for them glad to get rid of me? Don't think so. You see, I've been sort of helping get a prevost striped for new paint which should go on tomorrow. white enamel on roof. White base coat. Pearl over the white. Clear on the white base coat, and that is after the red, black stripes that are outlined in gold. Talk about a LOT of tape!

Ill probably make that place a regular stopping joint after work. Hey maybe its the fumes I've been inhaling. It does sort of bring back my woodstock memories! LOL

Ace
Blacksheep

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009, 06:44:56 PM »

Ahh what a good feeling it is to have my bill paid in full! And it wasn't all that bad after all that was done! I'll tell you. If you ever need a shop with a pit to do ANY type bus work, Central Florida Bus Repair is the place. AND if you need or want your bus painted at a really decent price, they will do that too! I am amazed to finally see the results of the Prevost that is in there now that everyone has chipped in to get done! The 2 gal of clear goes on tomorrow and so far its looking really good!
If I'm not too busy I will bring my bus home tomorrow too!
Final bill...$1380.00
Not shabby at all!

Ace
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: