Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 08:41:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cool trick for searching craigslist.  (Read 2307 times)
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« on: February 16, 2009, 06:23:38 AM »

Instead of using crazed list search thing or other large search engines for craigslist just google craigslist.org and the google page should have the first listing with a small window for searching all of craigslist.  Speeds thing up.

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 04:43:32 PM »

Thaaankkkyeeeeeuuuuu! Shocked Grin Grin Grin

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 05:18:32 PM »

Wow!  Now that is cool!  Thanks for sharing that.
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 06:09:53 PM »

Thanks for sharing. I wish I had known this a long time ago! Grin Grin

jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 05:38:41 AM »

I typed it into my seardch bar and it did not work!! Then I typed in Google and did a Google search and it worked, guess I should bookmark it.    Thanks   Jim

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 06:25:56 AM »

One more way to skin the cat.

Just go to Google.com and enter your search term followed by a space and then the word site followed by a colon and then the short URL of the website you want to search.  I.E.

If I wanted to search the busconversions.com website for the term :cooling", I would go to Google.com and enter the following in the search field:

cooling site:busconversions.com

or if I wanted to search all of ebay.com for the term "pd4106" I would enter the following:

pd4106 site:ebay.com

You get the idea.

Doug

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

Hoping for the open road someday in our PD4106-1035!

Check out our family blog:  www.TheFergyFarm.com
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 07:19:21 AM »

Another great point.  I use site refined Google searches often.  The last time I had tried it with craigslist (quite a while back), the results were full of "archive" stuff.  But I just tried it and now it gets the same results set as the other Google method.  I am guessing that between the last time I tried it and now, craigslist blocked the googlebot from indexing their archives.

So, as an example, go to Google and type in:    Detroit Diesel site:craigslist.org

quantum500

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 06:45:31 PM »

There is a great way to get around the archived parts of any web page.  If you look at the bottom of the google advanced search page there is "Date, usage rights, numeric range, and more" click on that.  Then you can refine your search to include date from "anytime, 1yr, 1 month, 1 week or 24hrs".  You can even go so far as choosing a price range when it comes to bargain hunting on any web site.  You guys really should get out more  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: